Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

He can play DM as in he can step in when everyone else is injured and sort of do a job or do a man-marking job. He will never be a full-time DM though, not even at Championship level. The only position he will really excel at is CB. 

Hopefully Bruce will have him starting with Chester and you can get promoted and keep him for a season in the PL too. 

Edited by tommybread
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

@tommybread any chance of Axel coming permanently? Or too highly rated at UTD

No chance I'd say, not for at least a few years until it is certain he won't make it at United. He's also a local lad who's been with the club since a little kid so he won't push for a move. Rated by many as the bigger talent than Fosu-Mensah and been touted within the club as a near guaranteed to make it when he was in the youth ranks. Can't see the club letting him be sold even if Mourinho would allow it. 

• Thanks 1

Almost forgot about the return of The Beverly Hills Cop in the rigmarole of the game and todays shenanigans.

Hopefully he is as good as United think and they are desperate for him to play first team football next year after he's dominated every attacking player in The Championship.

I can hardly recall much about him from last year but he was played out of position a lot I guess.  We desperately need to ensure Tommy Elphick hardly plays this season!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I can hardly recall much about him from last year but didn't play a lot because he was injured a lot I guess. 

Played 5 times for us. Hopefully we get a full season out of him and he shows us what the rep is about.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, privateer said:

Played 5 times for us. Hopefully we get a full season out of him and he shows us what the rep is about.

Same, I'd like to see how good he can be with consistent ad injury free run in the side. I can only see him playing alongside Chester, don't think he is needed in midfield now as we will be well stocked there. I can see it working out the Chester - Terry partnership, with Chester now stepping up again having learned from Terry last year. I think Chester will thrive with the captaincy and hopefully Axel will benefit playing alongside him.

• Like 1

Not happy that Bruce said hes happy hes got Tuanzebe as he can fill in most positions. He should be first choice CB. We cannot go with Elphick the whole season. Unless we bring in Huth and Tuanzebe and Elphick are the back ups. 

7 minutes ago, Larscapaldi said:

First one to be dropped should always be Taylor. He’s so s*** I can’t believe it.

Have to agree. Taylor looked gokd when we first signed him. Now he looks absolutely shit. I'd groom  bree at left back

He did a remarkable job there considering he is a rb

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

I can hardly recall much about him from last year but he was played out of position a lot I guess.  

Unfortunately I can recall a lot about when he played for us. He was absolute shit.

I'm hoping the hype will be realised this season, and that he's significantly better at CB than he was played out of position.

He did a decent  job on Sessegnon at craven cottage playing right back ... then got torn a new one by Preston’s left winger a few days later and looked a disaster there on in

seem to recall his one chance at CB ( or was he playing DM ? ) resulted in him being out of position getting turned easily and then going off injured after about 10 mins 

I think those calling for him to replace Elphick  might want to hold fire a wee bit , he’s clearly got some ability but needs to be slowly introduced 

Â