Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Defensively he is suspect, but he will only get better by playing alongside a player like James Chester.

His pace will help us out, it's an area we were undone at times last season with Terry.

His distibution is the biggest plus. This is the main thing we are missing without Terry and Tuanzebe can replace this for us. He's calm on the ball and can pick a pass out instead of lumping it long in a panic as Elphick and Jedinak do.

• Like 1

I suppose I get it now.

Decent enough showing.

Ahead of Jedinak and Elphick at CB in the pecking order imo. We'll see a few mistakes from him I reckon but he'll improve on what we saw yesterday.

Would like to see him with a decent partner in the middle. Elphick does not do it for me.

• Like 1

Looks like a player learning his trade but for sure he has the natural ability to make a decent centre half. 

He looks a bit nervous and there are going to be a few ricks in him. I really hope they aren't too costly for us. 

Bearing in mind his size he's seems pretty reluctant to head the ball. Seems to prefer to get both him and striker underneath the ball and back himself with his pace to get there first. To be fair most of the time I think that works but it means the whole defence gets turned and it will cause problems. Far better to win the header in the first place. 

He is quick though and physically strong, decent on the ball. A better option that Jedinak at CB which isn't saying much. 

2 hours ago, grayslickuk said:

He looks clumsy and naïve. I kept thinking he was gong to misplace passes but they were surprisingly accurate. He did ok I guess.

We've basically got one reliable CB in Chester, very worrying.

Strongly disagree, let's see if you will be saying this come May though.

He is the next 'Paul McGrath'.

12 hours ago, Thug said:

I just didn't see the good performance that other on here seem to have.

I guess the same can be said for Steve Bruce's style of football but that's for another thread.

Tuanzebe will become a great for us and hopefully we have a nice wee clause to buy at the end of his loan.

Before Grealish and Kodjia came on Tuanzebe was Villa’s best performer last night finally getting a run out in his preferred position.

Unless Villa bring in another more experienced CB then Bruce must now play Tuanzebe alongside Chester as Villa’s 1st choice centre back pairing for the Championship season.

Playing him at FB won’t benefit the player or the team at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I must have been watching a different game I thought he was nervous and indecisive. didn't look composed at all. a few times Yeovil got around him. I was behind the goal directly in line with his position during the first half. a few times he stretched his long legs and nicked it but other than that I could smell the danger...and so could the Yeovill strikers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He is the next 'Paul McGrath'.

Rigo, honest question. What are you basing this on?

I've asked you a couple of times in this thread how much you've seen of Axel, but you've never answered.

I'm not trying to catch you out, I'm genuinely interested in what you've seen from him before his time at Villa. Because I don't believe anyone could have decided he'll be the next Paul McGrath based on his time in a Villa shirt. I'd honestly like to hear from people who have seen a lot of the player to know what he's really like as I'm sure we haven't seen the best of him here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I guess the same can be said for Steve Bruce's style of football but that's for another thread.

Tuanzebe will become a great for us and hopefully we have a nice wee clause to buy at the end of his loan.

Not going to happen.

He is rated at ManU.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Rigo, honest question. What are you basing this on?

I've asked you a couple of times in this thread how much you've seen of Axel, but you've never answered.

I'm not trying to catch you out, I'm genuinely interested in what you've seen from him before his time at Villa. Because I don't believe anyone could have decided he'll be the next Paul McGrath based on his time in a Villa shirt. I'd honestly like to hear from people who have seen a lot of the player to know what he's really like as I'm sure we haven't seen the best of him here.

Sorry I missed your last few questions on this Stevo.

I have a few Manc mates that follow the youth teams solidly and I happened to be at one of the games with them a couple of seasons back when Axel was playing.

What I seen on that occasion - followed by their summery of him made me realise he will be something special in a few years and I actually remember at the time thinking "Wow" this kid has something here and he reminded me of Paul McGrath esq.

I did my best in the first 15 pages of this thread to give as much info and insight into the lad from what I had seen of him and also what I had been told from those that follow him week in week out.

Bearing in mind these comments have been made 8 months ago almost and he has left and since returned but my opinion and stance on the player remain the same.

What he needs from us - To be played week in week out in his natural CB position and then and only then will everyone see what this guy truly has in his locker.

• Thanks 1

Man Utd will always buy better CB's than Tuanzebe. He will inevitably leave the club to get games. Especially as hes established at a young age. We could have a chance if we got promoted. 

Anyway.. must start at CB with Chester from now on. Mile and Elphick have shown they are not good enough. 

In fact.. a back four of De Laet Chester Tuanzebe Hutton is quite strong and has lots of speed. Picks itself imo. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

Man Utd will always buy better CB's than Tuanzebe. He will inevitably leave the club to get games. Especially as hes established at a young age. We could have a chance if we got promoted. 

Anyway.. must start at CB with Chester from now on. Mile and Elphick have shown they are not good enough. 

In fact.. a back four of De Laet Chester Tuanzebe Hutton is quite strong and has lots of speed. Picks itself imo. 

You’re right. From our current players this is the back four I’d go with, but we all know Saturday will see Tuanzebe, Jedinak, Chester, Hutton.

Jedinak to combat the aerial bombardment from Ipswich, completely disregarding the fact he’s no good at centre back. Tuanzebe is more than capable at playing centre back AND heading a ball! Crazy I know. 

18 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I must have been watching a different game I thought he was nervous and indecisive. didn't look composed at all. a few times Yeovil got around him. I was behind the goal directly in line with his position during the first half. a few times he stretched his long legs and nicked it but other than that I could smell the danger...and so could the Yeovill strikers.

Funny how people see the game. I’m with you, I think he’s very average and we’ll struggle with him as a first choice CB this season.

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Funny how people see the game. I’m with you, I think he’s very average and we’ll struggle with him as a first choice CB this season.

Thing is we will never know the truth if he is not given a decent run at CB. Stick him in next to Chester until Christmas I say and see how he gets on.

• Like 1

Â