Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

On 13/08/2018 at 09:33, rodders0223 said:

The worrying thing is that you expect a CB playing at FB to at least win his headers. I don't remember him winning one, and he was clearly being targeted with their long balls prior to being subbed.

The stats say he won 6 and lost 3 against Wigan. Quite remarkable if you managed to miss all of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Albert said:

Got caught out a fair few times tonight against poor opposition , not going to slate him after one game but dont think he will be the answer at centre back this season.

Moreira didn't help to be fair.

Just now, Uncle Albert said:

Got caught out a fair few times tonight against poor opposition , not going to slate him after one game but dont think he will be the answer at centre back this season.

I hope you are wrong although I see your point. Right now we have one good center back in Chester and several unproven or proven bad ones. Worrying.

• Like 2

I just didn't see the good performance that other on here seem to have.

He worries me.  Leaps in and jumps for headers that he's already lost, and too slow in making important decisions.  Last season he got robbed dallying on the ball, and this season already he's been outsmarted to a ball that should have been his all day long.

I'm sure he'll prove with experience, but he definitely worries me.

Although Elphick is his senior and been here longer, it seemed Tuanzebe was the communicator and organiser last night - which is positive.

Think being next to Chester will improve his game slightly, and I'm sure he can step up to be the CB we want him to be.

Things take time and in three or four games time, I think he'll have settled down and look a lot better.

That said, we NEED to get another CB - either JT (please!) or someone in his mould. The season is long and, as other have pointed out, we're an injury away from being in a very worrying position.  

Â