Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

We are going to again need 4 or 5 loans to supplement the squad and I wouldn't mind Axel being one of those. He  clearly has ability and his versatility would be another plus.

As was the case last season I'd expect that that top clubs in the Premier League would see playing for Aston Villa as a good place for their better youngsters to continue to develop and gain experience and we can benefit from that again next season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We are going to again need 4 or 5 loans to supplement the squad and I wouldn't mind Axel being one of those. He  clearly has ability and his versatility would be another plus.

As was this case last season I'd expect that that top clubs in the Premier League would see playing for Aston Villa as a good place for their better youngsters to continue to develop and gain experience and we can benefit from that again next season.

I've said a few times I think he could flourish as a DM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His passing from right back has given me almost no indication he'd work in the DM spot to be honest. I think it's centerback or nothing for the kid. At DM, you need to be able to pass well, and be comfortable on the ball. 

On 27/05/2018 at 21:08, Czechlad said:

His passing from right back has given me almost no indication he'd work in the DM spot to be honest. I think it's centerback or nothing for the kid. At DM, you need to be able to pass well, and be comfortable on the ball. 

aston_villas_mile_jedinak_313310.jpg

He does pass well and look comfortable on the ball though. The problem for me when he played right back was that he wasn't adventurous enough. He played some tidy football on the right wing but the problem was it wasn't penetrating. 

• 1 month later...

this might mean his loan fee goes up

Axel Tuanzebe breaks bizarre Guinness World Record on Manchester United pre-season tour

A look behind the scenes on Man Utd's pre-season tour in America where 20-year-old defender Axel Tuanzebe has set a World Record.

Axel Tuanzebe will have been hoping to make his third Manchester United pre-season tour one to remember and he managed to do that just two days into the trip.

After spending most of last season out on loan, the 20-year-old will be hoping to show Jose Mourinho what he's been missing ahead of the new campaign but he's managed to impress his team-mates off the pitch.

The defender posted a picture of himself holding a Guinness Book of World Records certificate along with a video of some of the United coaching staff chanting his name.

Another picture posted by Andreas Pereira seemed to suggest Tuanzebe had set the record for playing the game Hungry Hippos.

The only current record he could have broken is fastest time to clear a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos, something which was previously attempted by Jamie Redknapp, Freddie Flintoff, Jack Whitehall and James Corden on a League of Their Own.

The record is for the fastest time to clear a single game of Hungry Hungry Hippos and can only be attempted by an individual.

At present there's no video footage of the attempt taking place but no doubt it will make its way out before the tour is over.

Not a bad way for the 20-year-old to start his third first team pre-season tour!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-tuanzebe-world-record-14923653

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I'd love to have him back especially if we continue with the 3 at the back formation. 

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Absolute no brainer to bring him back here if he is willing.

Second both of your comments.

While he was here his spell didn't work all that well, unable to break into the team at the time, then injured and both combined with being slightly homesick was not a good loan.

However, his promising ability and from what I know I would deffo give him another loan here, sadly though it is a 20/80 chance of happening as things stand at B6.

On 20/07/2018 at 01:11, AvfcRigo82 said:

However, his promising ability and from what I know I would deffo give him another loan here, sadly though it is a 20/80 chance of happening as things stand at B6.

What do you know? Did you see a lot of him when he was at Man Utd?

edit: sorry that “what do you know?” Wasn’t meant to be negative. Wasn’t referencing the part of your post that said “from what I know”. 

Edited by Stevo985

I wouldn't mind if he returned to you but only if he was going to be starter at CB. No point wasting more of his time on the bench or being played at RB or at LB while Jedinak is played over him at CB. He needs a proper Championship load where he will play nearly every game and at CB. 

His hungry hungry hippos opponent RoShaun Williams is another very talented CB who was dominating the u23s at 16 and I personally had him rated slightly higher than Axel and TFM. Unfortunately had a bad injury 2 years ago and didn't look as good in a struggling u23s side last season. 

Edited by tommybread

Â