Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

On 08/08/2018 at 08:33, Stevo985 said:

Unfortunately I can recall a lot about when he played for us. He was absolute shit.

I'm hoping the hype will be realised this season, and that he's significantly better at CB than he was played out of position.

Ditto. 

But every UTD fan that has contributed to this thread has rubbished this idea that he play in multiple positions, all claiming that he is a center half, nothing more.

So whilst i agree he looked crap last year, I'm hoping the UTD lads are right and he is much better at CB..

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Ditto. 

But every UTD fan that has contributed to this thread has rubbished this idea that he play in multiple positions, all claiming that he is a center half, nothing more.

So whilst i agree he looked crap last year, I'm hoping the UTD lads are right and he is much better at CB..

Just need Bruce to play him there and not at full back! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Just need Bruce to play him there and not at full back! 

I don't think there can be any doubt that's where he's going to play, surely? 

On 25/01/2018 at 18:21, AvfcRigo82 said:

For me this guy is good enough to start ahead of Thor, Jedi, Whelan, Elphick and Samba. He is very versatile between both positions and we could afford to let Elphick & a CDM go this window and it still wouldn't be a problem.

It is a great move by the club at such a crucial stage of the season, a player that is better than hslf of the squad in those positions we already have and a player who I have been told is the next Paul McGrath (by someone who knows him very well).

The dynamics are very sensible too with it being a loan. I am sorry but I don't buy into this avoid loans doing PL clubs favours stigma. I think we need to realise what league we are in still and to be able to pull of such a signing is absolutely unbelievable.

It also allows us to move one or two names on from these two positions thus freeing up wages for surplus players. He is 2 players in effect who won't be on massive wages but could allow us to free up 2 lots of wages and maybe a few £m along the way in fee's too.

Probably a better summarisation of who we have back with us and cannot wait to see him forfill his potential hype this season.

Just incase there may already be folk doubting him or writing him off already - fair enough, but we have a great player in the making.

Welcome back Axel.     :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

The only thing I’m afraid is him being pressured to fill Terry’s place. 

Don’t get me wrong he’s a good prospect and we’re really short of defence. Especially when we are putting our hopes on a kid who have barely played in senior level. However I’m hoping he could fullfil his potential and we could have have with us permanently.

Needs to play centrally, was very poor when he played RB. No attacking ability, does not or cannot cross the ball and very hesitant in possession. 

Hopefully he’s strong defensively and will do well at CB. Don’t like Bruce’s comments on his capability to play across the back four, it’s just not accurate.

12 hours ago, arkasaurus said:

Echo this. Talking to a rags fan today they see him as CDM.

He will never be a midfielder. Being a midfielders is miles apart from being a ball playing CB which an alarming amount of fans seem to be oblivious to. He's looked lost the couple of times hes played in midfield. Unless you expect your DM to just be a third CB then he'll never be a DM at a high level. 

Â