Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Well to be fair on this guy, we haven't played him in his natural position. United fans pretty much agreed he is a centerback, or defensive mid. We have now played him at right back repeatedly, and left back. 

It's like playing Hourihane at left and right mid and wondering why he isn't performing. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Well to be fair on this guy, we haven't played him in his natural position. United fans pretty much agreed he is a centerback, or defensive mid. We have now played him at right back repeatedly, and left back. 

It's like playing Hourihane at left and right mid and wondering why he isn't performing. 

Players should be able to adapt in my opinion, especially players that are on Man Utd's books

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Players should be able to adapt in my opinion, especially players that are on Man Utd's books

Should is not enough of an argument to use a player out of position, when you have players performing better in the same position being put on the bench.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, momo said:

Should is not enough of an argument to use a player out of position, when you have players performing better in the same position being put on the bench.

You don't think the player should be able to adapt and show flexibility? 

8 hours ago, momo said:

Would you say the same if Terry where to play left back?

Well Terry is an out and out CB. The kid is able to play anywhere across the back four, and has been used as such at united.

It's one of the reasons we brought him in, to add some versatility to the squad and cover a number of positions.

• Like 1

It's obviously great if a player can play multiple spots, but it's not ideal. Chester was a right back for West Brom, and he is one of the best center backs in this league. Just because a player can play a spot doesn't mean he should.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Well Terry is an out and out CB. The kid is able to play anywhere across the back four, and has been used as such at united.

It's one of the reasons we brought him in, to add some versatility to the squad and cover a number of positions.

Agreed 

12 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Well, he has looked rather poor in both full back positions, so not proving to be particularly versatile.

On 11/04/2018 at 16:20, Czechlad said:

I thought the reason we got this guy in was because of his versatility? 

19 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I thought the reason we got this guy in was because of his versatility? 

I doubt the plan was to get him to play right back because when we signed him, we already had Hutton, Elmo, and Bree all fit. Hutton was also doing well at left back so I doubt he was being signed for that spot either.

We did ship out Elphick and Samba was hurt, so I expect Axel was signed to back up Terry and Chester, but he has yet to play that spot. He also could have been used as a DM, but Thor's emergence in that role has stopped that too.

I honestly don't know why we signed Axel. 

On 13/04/2018 at 16:08, Czechlad said:

I honestly don't know why we signed Axel. 

I found this doing a bit of research...

On 13/04/2018 at 16:08, Czechlad said:

We did ship out Elphick and Samba was hurt, so I expect Axel was signed to back up Terry and Chester, but he has yet to play that spot. He also could have been used as a DM, but Thor's emergence in that role has stopped that too.

Edited by Nigel
  • Haha 4

On 4/13/2018 at 02:11, AntrimBlack said:

Well, he has looked rather poor in both full back positions, so not proving to be particularly versatile.

Agreed and I wasn't saying otherwise.

His only badge of merit before we signed him was playing either rb / lb against Arsenal and keeping sanchez in his pocket. 

Yet to show anything of that for us.

• Like 1

Â