Axel Tuanzebe

alreadyexists

Axel is 25 in November and really needs to start playing regular football now. Honestly don’t think he’s good enough for a Premier League team.

We’ve actually done better getting Chambers on a free. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Axel is 25 in November and really needs to start playing regular football now. Honestly don’t think he’s good enough for a Premier League team.

Absolutely staggering he's 25. That's actually surprised me but when you think about..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Just needs to find a Championship team and start his career. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Worst advisors in the game. 

They got him a £50k a week deal at Utd when he's never going to play for them.

Depends how you look at it. It is a job at the end of the day. 

It was a blessing for us as chambers has been alot better than he was. We pribably would have wasted 15-20m getting him. I think norwich might go for him when they go down. Championship seems his level

• Like 2

Maybe Deano can have him at Norwich next season on loan. 

He just needs to play some games, even if its in the 2nd tier. 

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They got him a £50k a week deal at Utd when he's never going to play for them.

Depends how you look at it. It is a job at the end of the day. 

Crazy to think such a mediocre player who hardly ever kicks a ball is a multi millionaire.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Crazy to think such a mediocre player who hardly ever kicks a ball is a multi millionaire.

Even crazier that how many were desperate on here to sign him. Especially this season. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Think United gave similar wages to Brandon Williams and Dean Henderson 😂

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It was a blessing for us as chambers has been alot better than he was. We pribably would have wasted 15-20m getting him. I think norwich might go for him when they go down. Championship seems his level

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe Deano can have him at Norwich next season on loan. 

He just needs to play some games, even if its in the 2nd tier. 

I wonder though whether there is now some bad blood between Axel and Dean, given he wasn't happy with his lack of game time even before Smith was sacked.

If he can get over it, he'd probably still be a decent signing for Norwich, but the key thing is he has to *want* to go somewhere where he'll play most of the time, and needs to understand that it doesn't matter how good he thinks he is, he has to demonstrate it by playing regularly.

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I wonder though whether there is now some bad blood between Axel and Dean, given he wasn't happy with his lack of game time even before Smith was sacked.

If he can get over it, he'd probably still be a decent signing for Norwich, but the key thing is he has to *want* to go somewhere where he'll play most of the time, and needs to understand that it doesn't matter how good he thinks he is, he has to demonstrate it by playing regularly.

Thats the problem. I think he thinks he is better than he actually is. I didnt realise he was 25 so you would have thought have by now he would have demonstrated he will be a top player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the problem. I think he thinks he is better than he actually is. I didnt realise he was 25 so you would have thought have by now he would have demonstrated he will be a top player.

To be fair to Axel, I don't think this is entirely his fault. At moments when he might have had to face facts, United managers have either given him game time or pre-season promises of being a squad member, only to then ignore him when crunch time comes. But yeah, it's coming to a point - as you say, he's 25, and that's nearly halfway through his playing career, and I'm not sure that he has 100 first team starts yet.

• 4 weeks later...

"Axel Tuanzebe set for uncertain Man Utd return after disastrous Napoli loan

The young centre-back joined the Serie A giants on loan in January in an effort to gain more experience but he was barely afforded any chances at the Estadio Diego Armando Maradona, making just two appearances for the club.

He has not played a single minute of league action since early January having been afforded a brief cameo in a 1-0 win against Sampdoria. Further, he was not named in the side's squad for much their participation in the the Europa League, which ended with defeat by Barcelona in February.

"

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/tuanzebe-napoli-man-utd-loan-26975063

Well looks like our Chambers move was very well done. Axel made a poor decision. I wish him well, I have always liked him as a player. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Â