Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

I must be watching a different player than others here, but that's ok. I look more into what he can be than what he does in a single game. Or single out individual errors like is the habit here.

Anyways, I like him. He'll be real good. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Clearly talented but lacking match fitness and sharpness, he is a good outlet for us though and puts in a good ball which in coming games I’m sure Kodjia will start getting on the end of.

Thats pretty much how i see it. In flashes he looks different class and you can really see his ability shine through, but its all to fleeting. Hopefully that improves with fitness. 

Without sounding again like Bruce bashing for the sake of it, the way the team sets up leaves a massive gap between midfield and attack, so i think (although he has said he prefers to play from the right) he could offer something different playing in the 10 role. The sort of thing we all thought RMC would take up. 

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I completely disagree. If we didnt have snodgrass bjarnasson would be playing more and he is utter gash.

Also it gives teams other problems as we have other threats in the side like hourihane, adomah and kodj

Very much this. He hasn't got his touch yet, lacks fitness etc, should have been taken off earlier but he is trying to make things happen. Imho he will come good and people will be singing his praises soon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Looks in better shape than when he arrived, but still really unfit. Should have been brought off a lot earlier

Very true! He was knackered after half hour. He sweats more than the Grand National winner on a hot day!

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

One thing I will say, is that he just looks soooo Scottish. 

I think it's the ginger beard, wearing of the kilt instead of shorts and, practising the bagpipes in the warm up that might have given it away. 

Oh, and he has FAMOUS GROUSE on the back of his shirt instead of RECON.

Edited by villarocker
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I think it's the ginger beard, wearing of the kilt instead of shorts and, practising the bagpipes in the warm up that might have given it away. 

No Scotsman worth his salt would drink famous grouse ;)

20 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Actually it's that he dresses his short wife in a schoolboy's uniform. 

I think he'll be great for us in about 5 games time, when he's got his match fitness up - he's going to be playing catch up until then I think. 

He'll be fine, but we have to take the rough with the smooth until then.  Hope he gets a goal soonish though, think he'll be much better with confidence. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I think he'll be great for us in about 5 games time, when he's got his match fitness up - he's going to be playing catch up until then I think. 

He'll be fine, but we have to take the rough with the smooth until then.  Hope he gets a goal soonish though, think he'll be much better with confidence. 

ditto

On 9/24/2017 at 21:23, wiggyrichard said:

Premier League quality...just massively short of match fitness! When on his game, he should/will be head and shoulders above anything else in the league!! Massive signing for a struggling Championship club!!!

The commentator intimated as much on the weekend.

Â