Robert Snodgrass

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

When 'on it' you can see that his quality is above this level, also works very hard for the team, will be absolutely key this season.

Agreed, very impressed with his work rate. Good player. 

9 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

me too

Also congrats on his first goal for the club. Level with Hutton at last.

Haha. 

You know i always worry when players drop down a level, in his PL to championship (i obviously think we are a bigger club than West Ham). 

There is always the billy big bollocks worry that they come in and mince about the place that you should be grateful they've choose you. It's certainly not the case with Snodgrass. Whilst clearly being a cut above at this level he works his bollocks off and its lovely to see. 

11 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

Great goal. He made a really positive impact when he came on. Really bodes well for us as he gets sharper and more games under his belt! 

Had strachan started with him they may well  have  made the play off 

Not sure what he was thinking leaving Snoddy on the bench... oh well, they're out now I suppose. Great goal though, glad he's hitting some form and getting his fitness back. 

Was this a loan with an option to buy? 

27 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure what he was thinking leaving Snoddy on the bench... oh well, they're out now I suppose. Great goal though, glad he's hitting some form and getting his fitness back. 

According to The Evening Standard, yes.

Villa will have the option to sign Snodgrass permanently should he be a success in the Midlands and the 29-year-old hinted that he would have little desire to return to the London Stadium.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Actually made me wonder, who is there starting Right Winger?

And who is Egypt's starting Right Back?

Another in the long line of Scotland failures at international level. I note  Strachan said the Scots have a  "genetic" problem 'cos they're all too small!

Not our Snoddy, though - he's 6 feet tall & scored a great goal despite an attempt at abh by the Slovenian goalie.

Now bring it on for the Villa!

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They've got that Baggies player... he plays right mid... is it Phillips or something?

No idea re Egypt.

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sorry I can't help looking these things up... According to Livescore.com Ahmed Fathi/Fathy played right back.

Ahmed Fathy (Arabic: أحمد فتحي‎‎; sometimes spelt Fathi, born 10 November 1984) is an Egyptian international footballer who plays for Al Ahly in Egyptian Premier League.

Born in Banha, he has played a variety of roles in the midfield, including right and defensive midfield and has also occasionally played in the right back role for club and country. He started his career with Egyptian side Ismaily SC before moving to England to play in the Premier League with Sheffield United in 2007. Fathy returned to Egypt after only a few months however, signing for his current side Al-Ahly where he has remained since, whilst also spending some time on loan at both Kuwait side Kazma and Hull City back in England. Alongside his club career, Fathy has represented Egypt since 2002, playing over one hundred games and scoring nine goals for his country.

Has managed 10 career appearances in England compared to Elmo who has managed over 250.

• Thanks 1

Â