Glenn Whelan

Jareth

good player to be able to call upon when closing a game out.

Whelan Jedinak with Terry Chester behind as our spine should be impenetrable when holding onto a lead. Just need to find a non-kodjia way of scoring a few goals now and creating one ;)

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

You know it's coming... at home to Burton. Keep it tight lads. 

This isn't directed at you particularly but VT has developed this trope that Bruce played 11 men behind the ball at home to Burton.

I was at that game and it's absolutely nonsense. We won 2-1, Bacuna had his one good game of the year and scored a header and in the 2nd half Grealish & RDM were linking up really well playing little one twos around the box. It was the best I saw either of them play all year.

Also ex-Villa youth player Jamie Ward scored a cracking goal that a lot of Villa fans applauded.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

(No point).

I'm sorry Bobzy but you are contradicting yourself. You say no point but then follow it up immediately with a point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, USA_Villa said:

Oh great, another old guy.

Johnstone, Bree, Chester, Taylor, Lansbury, Hourihane, Bjarnason, Hogan, Elmohamady, Kodjia, all under 30. What are you whinging about? 

• Like 3

For me it's not as much age as mobility that is a worry. (Not Whelan in isolation but generally in the squad)

Hopefully we'll have a style of play and system worked out that will counteract this flaw.

So frustrating to sign another midfielder who is a bit of everything but not great at anything specific.

However, Terry and Whelan are two great spine players and we desperately need a spine. He's not as quality a midfielder as some oldies but he will surely be a worthwhile cover player at the very least. Plus, he won't last long which is good for younger players.

• Like 1

Â