Glenn Whelan

Jareth

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

After hearing his full on Irish accent i feel even more happier about this signing. 

I thought he was 'Irish'. If you know what I mean? 

Like Andy Townsend?

13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think he'll be our Joey Barton, or our Jonjo Shelvey... tough, steady and good football brain.

without being the rocket polishers them 2 are ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Through our history it seems like we've often had quite influential and important Irish players. Fingers crossed Glenn can be that player for us this season.

sadly our last 2 starting Irish midfielders were Kinsella and Ireland :( 

• Sad 1

I still hold this guy responsible for the beginning of our downfall when he scored that equaliser. Lerner lost interest from that point onwards and that was that. 

He can make it up for us now by helping us get promoted. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

I still hold this guy responsible for the beginning of our downfall when he scored that equaliser. Lerner lost interest from that point onwards and that was that. 

He can make it up for us now by helping us get promoted. ;)

God I forgot he scored that goal! Left foot zipper from bloody miles out.

Yeah, that game really was the start of a crap crap 8 years.

On 7/21/2017 at 08:40, Michael118 said:

Birmingham City, Burton Albion, Bolton were interested in signing him.

And we finished above all of them last season and want to finish far above them this season as well. 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That signing really was an absolute catastrophe wasn't it. What were we thinking?

Steve Clarke recommended him from his time at Reading. Maybe he was acting as an agent for the Baggies by bringing in Tshbola?

Looks to be the nasty bastard we need in midfield to protect lansbury and hourihane and be the link from defence.

Played 1 crap pass straight to one of their players but apart from that got stuck in fought well passed well and a couple crunching tackles.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Looks to be the nasty bastard we need in midfield to protect lansbury and hourihane and be the link from defence.

Played 1 crap pass straight to one of their players but apart from that got stuck in fought well passed well and a couple crunching tackles.

Yup - important thing is that he never went missing, always offered a short option to players in our half too. Basic things really but things we needed. 

• Like 1

So is he an actual leprechaun?

SO far he at least looks to have granted my wish of having a more mobile and  gifted CM instead of Jedi and that I didn't have to watch Richards in CB in a Villa shirt. And that happened too.

Now for my final wish I wan't us to get promoted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brummybloke said:

I noticed this but what I also noticed was his reaction to drop straight after and support the defence. He did it a few times. You can tel he is the kind of midfielder a back 4 loves to have him front of them. 

Â