Glenn Whelan

Jareth

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Not too sure of the point here - I'd rather see us signing Real Madrid youth players than 33 year old Stoke rejects every single day of every single week...

We have already had a taste of Barcelona youth players, thankyou.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We have already had a taste of Barcelona youth players, thankyou.

Why does it have to be one or the other? We've had our fair share of Whelan-type signings that haven't worked out too.

Not that I'm against this signing btw - haven't really paid much attention to him but everyone knows our midfield needs work.

Always say the best way to judge a player is see what the home fans say. Dont really see anyone with anything bad to say!

Welcome Glen, hopefully you can grab Lansbury by the ponytail and keep shouting till he gets up with Kodjia!

• Like 2

Just hope we are not reliant on Whelan to sweep everything up, this should mean we give licence to Lansbury and Houriane to bomb forward.  Need to be on the front foot of games, not always playing catch up!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? We've had our fair share of Whelan-type signings that haven't worked out too.

Not that I'm against this signing btw - haven't really paid much attention to him but everyone knows our midfield needs work.

Was in answer to another post....but yes I accept your point, all deals should be done on merit and fit the needs of the team.....i am pleased with the Glenn whelan signing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Was in answer to another post....but yes I accept your point, all deals should be done on merit and fit the needs of the team.....i am pleased with the Glenn whelan signing.

Me too- I think it's a very good signing and maybe the piece in the jigsaw we needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Well Tro you got what you wanted so hopefully it will make a difference.:)

I don't have a problem with Glenn Whelan, been a solid player over the years. I just don't think he's what we need right now - at all. He's the type of player who would have been good in a relegation battle couple of years ago rather than one coming into an already defensive side that struggles to create anything.

Bruce will have him sitting alongside Jedinak in the dual DM role in place of Hourihane most likely.

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I don't have a problem with Glenn Whelan, been a solid player over the years. I just don't think he's what we need right now - at all. He's the type of player who would have been good in a relegation battle couple of years ago rather than one coming into an already defensive side that struggles to create anything.

Bruce will have him sitting alongside Jedinak in the dual DM role in place of Hourihane most likely.

I wouldn't want him and jedinak in the same team - it's one or the other for me , I like Jedi but he has 2 major problems , he's injured a lot and gives the ball away a lot - I think whelan will start far more games than Jedi and doubt they will both start   that  many games together . 

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Well Tro you got what you wanted so hopefully it will make a difference.:)

Fingers crossed......my neck is on the line.on the basis you have to win the right to play football, i think he will help towards winning us the right and then we have players who have proved at other clubs they can play.

I am confident, he will prove to be a crucial albeit functional addition to the team.

all the great managers build from the back, that does not mean ,play ultra defensive thats 2 different  things.

I feel confident Glenn will help with some of our problems.

Edited by TRO

Â