Glenn Whelan

Jareth

He had a couple of big errors that cost us a number of points,, but it doesn't make him a bad player. He did well for the rest of the season, and help us get into a good position in the league.

Glad he wasn't playing today though as Jedinak is a better player.

Just now, villianusa said:

He had a couple of big errors that cost us a number of points,, but it doesn't make him a bad player. He did well for the rest of the season, and help us get into a good position in the league.

Glad he wasn't playing today though as Jedinak is a better player.

The problem is he is prone to a big error every game. He should have to earn his place back now. 

He's a good pro and good at what he does. However, the kind of player he is suits a certain type of team and not a team fighting to win promotion. I feel much more comfortable with Jedi sitting ahead of an attacking duo of Grealish and Hourihane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The problem is he is prone to a big error every game. He should have to earn his place back now. 

A big error is something that leads to a goal or at least a good chance to the opposition. To both of them, I would say no.

Every player in any given game is going to make a mistake every game over 90 minutes. A big error, I would say not.

sadly for Whelan, he made two in back to back games, so a number of people forget all the good work he has down.

Edited by villianusa
Typo

18 minutes ago, villianusa said:

A big error is something that leads to a goal or at least a good chance to the opposition. To both of them, I would say no.

Every player in any given game is going to make a mistake every game over 90 minutes. A big error, I would say not.

sadly for Whelan, he made two in back to back games, so a number of people forget all the good work he has down.

I see where you are coming from but a lot of the time it depends on what the opposition do with it. For example against Brentford he gave the ball away but there was still a lot to do for the finish.

Big error was probably wrong choice of words. I think he is very careless with the ball way too often. Maybe he needed a rest after so many games as he does cover a lot of ground. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I might be in the minority here but I don't think him being out of the side has had any bearing on results of late. 

Yes you are.  Having Jedinak instead of Whelan made a massive difference.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I might be in the minority here but I don't think him being out of the side has had any bearing on results of late. 

I'm kind of the same.

Whelan was in the team every week when we had our previous good run this season.

He's had a couple of really poor performances of late so I'm glad Jedinak is getting a go in there. But I don' really subscribe to this train of thought that we're a much worse side with Whelan in it. Some of our best performances this season have been with Whelan in the side.

Â