Glenn Whelan

Jareth

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

He kills our momentum. We go forward, then Whelan makes sure it goes back.

Exactly how the hell will we ever score when you have such a negative player on your team. Get rid of him in January for gods sake.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I would love to see the stats for this as I'm sure he has probably done four forward balls all season

I remember thinking during the game yesterday that he was passing forward more than usual.  I wasn't counting, but I suppose it must have been something like three forward passes, which came as a surprise to me.

Normally it's backwards or sideways, so that we don't develop any momentum and the opposition can regroup.

In the position he plays, you really want someone who can make an attacking pass now and again.  That's not him.

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He had a good run of games for us where he played really well.

But the last few have been really poor again.

I counted about 3. Every other game he has been average or poor. It's not his fault. What we seem to have got wrong is that you don't buy lower end PL players and expect them to make you a top championship team. It doesn't work like that. No matter if you are a top PL or champ team you have to play a certain way, especially against the better sides, to get there. Whelan is a player for a certain style. A style that is not really a good fit for a team aiming for the top 2. 

• Like 2

2 games in a row hes given the ball away which has directly led to a goal, and it was only the week before he did that stupid back pass against Derby. Hes costing us big time.

Â