Glenn Whelan

Jareth

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

Honestly one of the worst midfield displays I have seen from a Villa player. They literally walked past him twice. Man can't run.

Pedestrian tonight. Never in the game, how he stayed on for the entire game is another mysterious tactical call by Bruce.

Really concerning performance. Looked like he was struggling to run from one side of the pitch to the other and that was after 2 mins. In the first half I counted one touch (obligatory hoof upfield) and zero tackles. 

He's supposed to be in there as a destroyer right? Didn't lay a glove on them. 

It was as though we played one in central midfield. 

I think he is struggling because our midfield is too tightly packed, there's often not a productive pass on for him. He would benefit from a more positive game plan as a whole, but he needs to cut out the sort of errors he made against Hull if he is to be trusted in a deep lying position.

11 hours ago, Harry said:

Good to see we have already found a new hate figure amongst the players and it's only taken three games.

Hardly a hate figure - but he's not going to get any praise on the back of any of his appearances thus far.  He's been awful.

You disagree?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Hardly a hate figure - but he's not going to get any praise on the back of any of his appearances thus far.  He's been awful.

You disagree?

Well yes. The whole side has been abject with just a few glimpses of what we should be capable of so I don't think it's particularly constructive to single out a single player Whelan is a decent player who has not played well, so far, who already seems to have been written off by some fans and let's not kid ourselves we have previous in that department.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well yes. The whole side has been abject with just a few glimpses of what we should be capable of so I don't think it's particularly constructive to single out a single player Whelan is a decent player who has not played well, so far, who already seems to have been written off by some fans and let's not kid ourselves we have previous in that department.

The only way you could possibly think he's been singled out was if this was the only thread you read. 

• Like 1

Â