Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree Elmo was dreadful first half. Cotterill targeted and exposed his poor performance and if we were against a better side we would be in trouble. I am concerned about Elmo rb Saturday.  Might be worth giving tuanzebe a go at th. He is quick and we need that against sessagnon.

I know one step at a time but if we go up we should go for sessagnon he is class

Sessegnon is one of the elite prospects in world football; I suspect he'll be going to a top six side this summer. Given Man Utds rather average options on the left side, he would make sense for them. 

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he gets dropped I bet you Snodgrass's game will suffer. 

Feels to me like because fans have made their mind up he is a weak link they will only notice faults. Yesterday he played fine and forced any threats from that side of the pitch inside. 

Why would Snograss's game suffer from having a better defender behind him? 

I don't think I have ever scapegoated a player and I find the accusation a little crass. I accept what he probably is, an OK Championship level right back with a wicked delivery. That doesn't mean highlighting when I think he has been poor is down to some kind of personal prejudice, it's just what I saw on the day. 

I don't think he's as quick as some have said he is and his positioning is at times wayward, also when his head drops his feet turn to lead.

He can look like a competition winner. Not every week, but often enough that the idea of him up against Sessegnon worries me. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why would Snograss's game suffer from having a better defender behind him? 

I don't think I have ever scapegoated a player and I find the accusation a little crass. I accept what he probably is, an OK Championship level right back with a wicked delivery. That doesn't mean highlighting when I think he has been poor is down to some kind of personal prejudice, it's just what I saw on the day. 

I don't think he's as quick as some have said he is and his positioning is at times wayward, also when his head drops his feet turn to lead.

He can look like a competition winner. Not every week, but often enough that the idea of him up against Sessegnon worries me. 

My post wasn't targeted specifically at you. It just feels he doesn't get the credit he deserves at times and his faults are highlighted more so than certain other players. it's just my opinion. 

I also think Snodgrassss game would suffer because he has a good understanding with Elmo. They always link up very well and seem to have a lot of trust in each other's game. 

I do not think he would link up as well with Hutton. In fact I do not even think Hutton is a better defender than Elmo and that Adomah tracks back to deep positions a lot more than Snodgrass which is why Hutton is looking so much more assured at left back. He has more protection when the opposition have the ball. 

Again all about opinions. 

I personally think he will be fine against  Sessgnon.

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hutton should probably play at right back with the instructions to kick the shit out of Sessegnon early, kind of like the job he did on Shane Long at Villa Park a couple of years ago. Sounds bad, but we absolutely have to take Sessegnon out of the game by any means necessary.

the Berahino job was more brutal 

Alan-Hutton-on-Saido-Berahino.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2018 at 20:53, omariqy said:

Our best RB without a doubt for me. I also think we looked much better going forward when Taylor came on. 

I didn't rate the signing much at the time but I have grown to the man.

His ability to get down the channel combined with his crossing and balls into the box have been something we have missed since the days of Gary Charles/Mark Delaney.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Great signing to get us out of the Championship, wouldn't want him in the prem though in all honesty. Backup player at best.

I think it is fair to say the grade of this league is different to that of the premier league.

Half of our squad that will remain come June will need shipped out.

I would attempt to re-sign Snodgrass, Johnstone, Hutton, Terry & Grabban. (Also a cheeky bid for Tuanzebe)

Onomah we can forget.

That is just restoring our spine if you will, we will still need to replace the 10/11 players that remain but won't be good enough for the premier league, Elphick, Jedinak, Taylor, McCormack, Lansbury etc. Replacing them with proven premier league quality would see us in good sted once we manage to get there.

• 2 weeks later...

He really rose to the occasion didn't he? Wolves were pretty much nullified down their left and Douglas had a pretty quiet night. Elmo did everything right defensively, and still got forward. Shouldn't go ignored while plaudits naturally go to those further forward involved in the goals. 

• Like 3

That header off the line was superb.

I did notice a couple of times second half that when he went forward, and we lost the ball he just walked back with the wolves players going flying past him (something Hutton also gets ctriticised for).

Still seems to work very well with Snodgrass down that right hand side.

Â