Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Why did we spend £15m on Hogan or £12m on Ross McCormack? Managers get transfers wrong all the time, Bruce obviously doesn't think Bree is up to it and that's why he bought Elmo and plays Hutton.  

Well Bruce is the one who gave the ok to both hogan and Bree signings so he should think about that £20m before bleating about being short of finances now .

• Like 4

Bree hasn’t looked out of place to me when played so I don’t know why he hasn’t been given more game time to get a foothold in the side. But you could also say that about O’Hare and a few others from the U23s.

I guess Bruce has put all his eggs in one basket by preferring his experienced players so Elmo will probably continue at RB until the end of the season.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Well Bruce is the one who gave the ok to both hogan and Bree signings so he should think about that £20m before bleating about being short of finances now .

He should but he won't. He'll have a laundry list of excuses ready to go, absolving him of all blame for the failures this season.

As for Elmo, he's been a decent signing and cheap enough. He's no where near good enough for the premier league though, like most of our players. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, striker said:

Bree hasn’t looked out of place to me when played so I don’t know why he hasn’t been given more game time to get a foothold in the side. But you could also say that about O’Hare and a few others from the U23s.

I guess Bruce has put all his eggs in one basket by preferring his experienced players so Elmo will probably continue at RB until the end of the season.

I fear you're right. He's only in there because him and Snoddy played together at Hull. He is absolutely crap...I would rather see Micah Richards come back in at RB than Elmohamady! His delivery from promising positions is as bad as Hutton!

That said...Hutton has been far, far better than him this season...and Bree (not sure about him yet)...has been better than Elmo too.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Why did we spend £15m on Hogan or £12m on Ross McCormack? Managers get transfers wrong all the time, Bruce obviously doesn't think Bree is up to it and that's why he bought Elmo and plays Hutton.  

We paid £9m for Hogan I believe ..rising to £12m but presumably as it's based on goals scored  it's safe to say we paid £9m  :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He isn't a right back, but at least he can whip in a cross, which the majority of our squad seem to be utterly incapable of.

I certainly wouldn't call him a good crosser. Although he has put a number of good crosses in this season, he is just as likely to kick it straight out or hit the first man, he's very inconsistent in that respect. I certainly don't rate him as a defender, and I'm a little surprised that his shortcomings haven't been exposed as often as I thought they would, but he still justifies selection by allowing Snodgrass to cut infield when he overlaps.

Bree just doesn't seem to be particularly good at anything.

Everytime I watch us live I think he's one of our best performers.

I was against the signing aswell but he's proved me wrong.

Surprised at the amount of people in the other thread who want him gone in the summer. For a start he has two years left on his deal. Would have no issue if he's at right back next season.

• 1 month later...

Looked like he did his hamstring, if so his season is done. I'm guessing James Bree will come in on Tuesday, and possibly the final should we get there?

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Looked like he did his hamstring, if so his season is done. I'm guessing James Bree will come in on Tuesday, and possibly the final should we get there?

Bruce confirmed hamstring thats a big blow. If Taylor is ready hutton will be back at th. Otherwise bree. Bit of a worry him vs adama

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce confirmed hamstring thats a big blow. If Taylor is ready hutton will be back at th. Otherwise bree. Bit of a worry him vs adama

I'm not sure why we would change todays tactics to be honest mate. Ie Hutton following Adama.

1 minute ago, NASTY_LEE said:

Bree has played at LB so Hutton could switch as he did tonight. TBH it's all we have so it has to work. 

Something Taylor can't do, has to Bree. 

Think it will be bree on Tues.  Hope he does well enough to hold his position should we get to the final.

This is bad news as it limits Snodgrass's game too!

• Like 1

Â