Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

I think he's OK, but I remain unconvinced that he will last the season there. Even yesterday when I thought he had a good game overall he gave the ball away a couple of times in dangerous positions. If Hutton were to do that VT would explode.

I think he's a Championship level RB/RW. I neither love him or dislike him. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think he's getting worse. Would like to see Ritchie Ria Alfons De Laet get a go please. 

No idea what this bloke has to upset Bruce. I think he's a much better player than Elmo. He's actually a very decent RB (at this level), Elmo is a winger that can play RB when needs must and it shows. 

On 11/4/2017 at 21:31, av1 said:

No idea what this bloke has to upset Bruce. I think he's a much better player than Elmo. He's actually a very decent RB (at this level), Elmo is a winger that can play RB when needs must and it shows. 

Might be something to do with him suffering a horrendous, career threatening injury and only just coming back from it.

RDL is a good player, and he'll get plenty of chances.

But Elmohamady has done very little wrong at RB and if that gives us the luxury of bringing RDL back slowly then that's fine with me.

On 04/11/2017 at 22:24, Dr_Pangloss said:

Average player, at best.

Which is fine if we aren't up against a team with particularly good wingers. Horses for courses though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds like he was knackered. He might struggle to get straight back in to the team after the way Hutton played. 

Yes fair play to hutton , he has bounced back from being dropped and deserves to be in the side on recent form .

I like elmo but it would be tough on hutton to drop him on tuesday . 

Hutton always seems to play ahead of himself after he's had a few games on the bench, but only for 2 or 3 games, then he becomes pretty woeful again. 

Having Elmo in the team and Hutton as backup seems like a sensible decision.  

I'd still want Hutton to leave this summer though, and Elmo to be fair - against better sides he always shows his weaknesses (not much pace, not much strength, no engine so to speak). 

Just 2 limited players, keeping each other on their toes in the Championship. 

21 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think its good that we can rotate the full backs. Its a slog of a season and a break will do him the world of good.

Hutton is an important member of the squad in this respect.

Yup, this is the key thing for me. 

22 hours ago, Nigel said:

I think its good that we can rotate the full backs. Its a slog of a season and a break will do him the world of good.

Hutton is an important member of the squad in this respect.

He is now he's shown himself to be adept at left back as well as right back!

55 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Hutton always seems to play ahead of himself after he's had a few games on the bench, but only for 2 or 3 games, then he becomes pretty woeful again. 

Having Elmo in the team and Hutton as backup seems like a sensible decision.  

I'd still want Hutton to leave this summer though, and Elmo to be fair - against better sides he always shows his weaknesses (not much pace, not much strength, no engine so to speak). 

Just 2 limited players, keeping each other on their toes in the Championship. 

Limited players in a limited division.

On 19/11/2017 at 19:41, AVTuco said:

Hutton doesn't support Snodgrass as well as Elmo, I think. Therefore, I'd play Elmo.

Agree. Snodgrass and Elmo have a great understanding. But on the other hand Hutton earned his place after Saturday as defended very well. 

Its a fair shout whoever plays. 

• 1 month later...
Â