Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

I thought he was utter dog shit in the first half. I'm not denying he can cross a ball but he was clearly targeted and we were a tad lucky to get away with it, that and others around him bailed him out.  

I'm worried Sessegnon is going to tear him apart, he can't play like that against him. 

• Like 4

Looked our weak link for a while... and that's because we've stepped it up.

Doesnt mean hes bad just seems a bit light weight effort wise compaired to hutton snod hogan adomah chester terry grealish... shows how we have clicked.

While fulham have good wingers  and will beat our full backs its down to the middle pairing and Johnstone to mop up tge crosses.

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought he was utter dog shit in the first half. I'm not denying he can cross a ball but he was clearly targeted and we were a tad lucky to get away with it, that and others around him bailed him out.  

I'm worried Sessegnon is going to tear him apart, he can't play like that against him. 

Agreed. Needs to up his game at Fulham

Tough choice. Elmo has had a role in Snoddy's rising, but what you guys are saying above is also true, he is a target and our weak link defensively.

Who's the alternative? Is Tuanzabe any more reliable A new young guy in games you must be united as a team... I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Bruce will continue with Elmo. He did bounce back after the own goal, his nerves are good. 

10 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree Elmo was dreadful first half. Cotterill targeted and exposed his poor performance and if we were against a better side we would be in trouble. I am concerned about Elmo rb Saturday.  Might be worth giving tuanzebe a go at th. He is quick and we need that against sessagnon.

I know one step at a time but if we go up we should go for sessagnon he is class

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know many do not rate him but he is fast becoming one of my favourite players. I love his energy to bomb forward and support Snodgrass. 

I think the comments about him depend on what folk are looking for.

I hear some say that he is a not a full back, when defending him against poor defending.....I am not going in to criticisms after 7 wins, purely observations.

I think his crosses are effective, but defending, he worries me a bit with his standing off, I want to see more aggression in his contact.

I think he loses out a bit too much too on one on ones.....but for 1 mill, good value.

just like Jed came in for Birkir.......I could see Axel coming in for Elmo against Wolves to nullify Cavaleiro.

The next player to make way in a forward-thinking, tactical move in order to nullify a particular opposition's threat? Would be a ballsy move to drop him for Axel against Fulham, but could be an astute one. Over to you, Bruce.

Edited by fightoffyour

Hutton should probably play at right back with the instructions to kick the shit out of Sessegnon early, kind of like the job he did on Shane Long at Villa Park a couple of years ago. Sounds bad, but we absolutely have to take Sessegnon out of the game by any means necessary.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hutton should probably play at right back with the instructions to kick the shit out of Sessegnon early, kind of like the job he did on Shane Long at Villa Park a couple of years ago. Sounds bad, but we absolutely have to take Sessegnon out of the game by any means necessary.

Hutton is playing well at LB something he never has done at RB.  Makes no sense to change that

• Like 1

If he gets dropped I bet you Snodgrass's game will suffer. 

Feels to me like because fans have made their mind up he is a weak link they will only notice faults. Yesterday he played fine and forced any threats from that side of the pitch inside. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It does because he's not as bad as Elmo at defending and Sessegnon is their biggest threat. 

Personally i think Hutton is terrible at defending when he is RB.  100 times worse than Elmo who i actually dont think was to bad yesterday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It does because he's not as bad as Elmo at defending and Sessegnon is their biggest threat. 

Hutton looks better at left back because of the amount of tracking back Adomah does.

He gets much more exposed on the right because Snodgrass doesn't track back as much. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hutton looks better at left back because of the amount of tracking back Adomah does.

He gets much more exposed on the right because Snodgrass doesn't track back as much. 

Yeah that could be a reason, he also doesnt attempt to cross it in LB.  At RB he was always trying to cross, hit the first man and then they break and he is caught up the pitch

Good thing with both Elmo and Hutton is they are quick so they can recover well. I honestly think both did well yesterday defensively. They had one chance all game. Showing them inside is a good tactic and it worked. 

• Like 1

Â