Ahmed Elmohamady

Phumfeinz

Not without his flaws, but the boy can whip in a good cross.

I just wish he would drive forward more and get it out of his feet.

Everytime he receives the ball in our half he usually has about 30 yards in front of him as teams don't come to press...but he always without fail, kills the ball dead and looks off into the distance for a punt.

On 03/02/2018 at 22:22, Vive_La_Villa said:

He doesn't slide for some reason which is probably why he is so scared of pace. 

I'm glad he doesn't. Very few players can pull it off without perpetrating horrendous fouls. The last master of the art at Villa was Mark Delaney. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm glad he doesn't. Very few players can pull it off without perpetrating horrendous fouls. The last master of the art at Villa was Mark Delaney. 

Agreed. I was a big fan of Mark Delaney playing for us and even now I can 'picture' his sliding tackle. Very effective at the time but as you wrote, not many players can achieve it successfully.

just saw the highlights and what a blunder. still have to compliment him for getting the assist right away and for generally being a solid player for us as a full back. I really couldn't let a mistake like that impact my opinion on him as a player for us. his crosses are absolutely phenomenal when he gets them right, which he usually does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

His defending on Saturday* gave me the eb jeebies. 

Edit: *yesterday was not Saturday, which should say a lot about the hangover I had.

ditto.....His whole game is not aggressive enough....too passive.

I hope I'm talking rubbish again because they are all such model professionals of course but at some point does the World Cup start to become relevant in the back of the minds of Elmo, Jedinak and BB? In regards to 50/50's and the like.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

I hope I'm talking rubbish again because they are all such model professionals of course but at some point does the World Cup start to become relevant in the back of the minds of Elmo, Jedinak and BB? In regards to 50/50's and the like.

how about fighting for a starting place in the national team once the world cup comes around? then again considering the teams they are playing for I'm sure they'd be safely picked either way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I have no idea....can only comment on what I see.

look the team is doing great, I'm just nit picking.....I just wished he would show a bit more aggression, along with one or two others.

Steve Bruce likes him, so he obviously see's things in him.....my overriding judgment is, I have to trust the manager.

I am not anti Elmo....just think he could do better in certain aspects of his game.

18 hours ago, osmark86 said:

just saw the highlights and what a blunder. still have to compliment him for getting the assist right away and for generally being a solid player for us as a full back. I really couldn't let a mistake like that impact my opinion on him as a player for us. his crosses are absolutely phenomenal when he gets them right, which he usually does.

It was just one of those crazy mistakes that happen every now and then. As long as it's not something that happens regularly then you can't even really consider them.

It's one of the most bizarre own goals I've seen, but I don't really hold it against him. People do stupid shit sometimes :) 

That said it wasn't his best game in general. As others have said their winger seemed to have the better of him for most of the game. But that's what we should be judging him on rather than the OG, as hilarious as it was :D 

• Like 1

Reminds me of the Hogan blunder vs boro at home. Id you include Whelans as vs derby we are close to having a blooper DVD for this year. 

This OG really is hilarious its like he was playing as a striker. But lets hope he doenst do anything stupid like that Sunday. 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Reminds me of the Hogan blunder vs boro at home. Id you include Whelans as vs derby we are close to having a blooper DVD for this year. 

This OG really is hilarious its like he was playing as a striker. But lets hope he doenst do anything stupid like that Sunday. 

He always looks a bit stiff to me.....if he was better positioned and more flexible athletically he may have able to hook it out....but hey ho.

Edited by TRO

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It was just one of those crazy mistakes that happen every now and then. As long as it's not something that happens regularly then you can't even really consider them.

It's one of the most bizarre own goals I've seen, but I don't really hold it against him. People do stupid shit sometimes :) 

That said it wasn't his best game in general. As others have said their winger seemed to have the better of him for most of the game. But that's what we should be judging him on rather than the OG, as hilarious as it was :D 

Their winger was our academy player many moons ago.....Lloyd Dyer.

We know sooner or later Bruce will have to shoehorn Axel into the team somewhere, and with him coming on to play right back for 20 minutes thats looking like the likely bet right now. We've seen Elmo shifted out of the team before for no apparent reason so looks to be an easy target to drop. :ph34r:

13 hours ago, Junxs said:

We know sooner or later Bruce will have to shoehorn Axel into the team somewhere, and with him coming on to play right back for 20 minutes thats looking like the likely bet right now. We've seen Elmo shifted out of the team before for no apparent reason so looks to be an easy target to drop. :ph34r:

Easy Target may be a bit subjective......for me I would like to see a full back deal with a winger with a bit more aggression.....Thats not suggesting they go OTT....just with a bit more verve and confidence.

Elmo is a bit too passive for me.

However, It takes a brave man to tinker with a winning team.

Â