John Terry

Farlz

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Wait, I thought the post above was a joke?

They seriously bought a £10 trophy...

No it was a bigger version, probably more like £35 :crylaugh:

18 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Wait, I thought the post above was a joke?

They seriously bought a £10 trophy...

Well worth the entry fee assuming as a club we would have had to pay to enter the tournament?

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has big JT won everybody over already? 

He never needed to win me over. As someone else has said my only worry was if his legs had gone. 

I don't get all this wanting all the players to be holier than thou.  As long as they haven't done anything illegal we have been short of beer stewards at this club for some time and look where that got us. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

If he stays fit, he'll be a joy to watch this year. A one season legend in the making. 

i'll bet it will be 2

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

i'll bet it will be 2

As it stands, I'd hope not as he's said one of the reasons he didn't stay there was becuase he didn't want to play against CFC. 

If he gets us promoted and changes his mind, all things being equal that would be great. 

Edited by wazzap24
Words

19 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

As it stands, I'd hope not as he's said one of the reasons he didn't stay there was becuase he didn't want to play against CFC. 

If he gets us promoted and changes his mind, all things being equal that would be great. 

He also said he may feel differently in a years time and there is another year option , in any case I'm sure a deal could be done excluding him having to play against Chelsea should both parties wish .

John Terry has admitted that his long‑term goal is to become manager of Chelsea, as the 36-year-old outlined his ambitions for the future on the day he opened a new chapter in his playing career by signing for Aston Villa. Terry, who has joined Villa on a one‑year contract with an option for a further 12 months, is determined to go into management after he stops playing and revealed he has spoken to Frank Lampard about the prospect of being in charge of Chelsea one day.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/03/john-terry-chelsea-aston-villa-signs-contract-transfer

Edited by Eastie

Honestly can't see him walking away if we go up, he'd want to have another crack at the prem.

Yeah Chelsea games would be difficult but I'm sure he'd cope, Lampard did. Don't see the issue at VP but Stamford Bridge would be more tricky.

I get the feeling in any case we'll draw them in one of the cups this season.

7 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Checked my eldest lads trophy collection this morning and there it was, pride of place.....

IMG_0350.JPG

Hey - thats a better one - the guy bursting out has a ball....

Anyway..... overall, makes me feel not so bad about my collection now....

trophies.thumb.jpg.9b8e69c3540a70d4072d0353bb4c8c7e.jpg

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

Yes I am sure a deal could be done excluding playing Chelsea. I am sure that that was just an excuse to let down people like the boggies who were after him in the PL but he didn't want to play for.

Additionally he might feel differently after being here a year. He might feel more of a Villa man and his professionalism will come through. He might even look forward to it. Players have played against their old clubs even long standing ones since the dawn of time. 

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Honestly can't see him walking away if we go up, he'd want to have another crack at the prem.

Yeah Chelsea games would be difficult but I'm sure he'd cope, Lampard did. Don't see the issue at VP but Stamford Bridge would be more tricky.

I get the feeling in any case we'll draw them in one of the cups this season.

with his ego. I am sure he would love Stamford Bridge to erupt for him

though we better not sub him on 26 minutes ;)

I still find it odd seeing his name on here, and seeing him in a Villa shirt in the friendlies... it will likely take some getting used to.

Did anyone else notice that when he went to lift the (>£15) trophy he shouted to Chester to come over and they lifted it together. Thought that was a nice touch.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I still find it odd seeing his name on here, and seeing him in a Villa shirt in the friendlies... it will likely take some getting used to.

Did anyone else notice that when he went to lift the (>£15) trophy he shouted to Chester to come over and they lifted it together. Thought that was a nice touch.

This reminds of sitting in the North Stand looking down at Peter Schmeichel in a Villa shirt and thinking, "WTF"

• Like 4

Good interview in the Times this morning with Bruce talking about Terry. 

One quote stuck with me from reading the article that alluded to Villa's lack of leadership and winning mentality.

Bruce suggested this was the main reason for signing Terry - along with his obvious ability.

As others, and myself, have suggested from when the rumours of signing Terry began, his main attribute is the 'intangibles' he brings. 

Very shrewd move. 

Has he conceded a goal in preseason?

@VERB27 is right about intangibles. The exact word I was thinking of.

He also looks fit as a fiddle. Injuries will take their toll on players as they get older, but fitness is lifestyle and the guy clearly looks after himself. There's blokes in their 50s doing Iron Man events, if his knees and ankles are in decent condition I think there's more left in the guy than we might think.

13 hours ago, a m ole said:

Has he conceded a goal in preseason?

@VERB27 is right about intangibles. The exact word I was thinking of.

He also looks fit as a fiddle. Injuries will take their toll on players as they get older, but fitness is lifestyle and the guy clearly looks after himself. There's blokes in their 50s doing Iron Man events, if his knees and ankles are in decent condition I think there's more left in the guy than we might think.

No, we haven't conceded a goal with him on the pitch. 

I'm not entirely sure where this idea that his legs might have gone has come from. Like you say, looks fit as a butchers dog to me. I'm not remotely concerned. 

We've done amazingly well to get him. He's pure quality as you can see in the pre season games, even his passing is decent. Hasn't put a foot wrong yet and will contribute massively to our season.

unless he gets injured against Hull :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

Â