John Terry

Farlz

Was also impressed with him and Chester today, it's no surprise it fell to bits when they went off. The most pleasing bit of it all was no aimless lumping from either of them, more of the same please. 

• Like 1

Chelsea fan friend messaged me earlier to ask what I thought about it all. First time I've had to properly nail myself down on it. At best I feel as he can't possibly do a full schedule its a disruption to a back line that should be built around Chester. Personally I can't stand the guy and while Villa have done plenty of things over the last few years to cause a disconnect between me and the club this is the one just really gets to me. Plan at the moment is to get a season ticket at my local non-league, as sad as it makes me to say it, I just don't think I give a **** right now.

9 hours ago, TRO said:

good job we've got 3 weeks to go.....most of the basics, missing.

How can this be? They've already spent half of the preseason... doing what!?

I still don't like Terry, but he's gonna be absolutely huge for us this season, and I'm not just talking about his contribution on the pitch. I'm fairly certain he'll have one or two things to say to our clueless manager on what needs to be changed in our 'approach'.

16 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Just think how different those kids coming through now will be treated to those who started playing in the 70s. No chip butties for tea nowadays, it's all avocado and coconut oil. 

Really? That's all. Doesn't seem like a very balanced diet to me.

I can honestly say that of all the things which are worrying me about pre season John Terry is the absolute bottom of the pile. 

Looks so assured and class is showing through which is more than can be said for the majority of our players. 

I got 99 problems but JT ain't one. 

• Like 3

Showed his class tonight. Yeah yeah, opposition, blah blah, but still his passing was a class above. I said in the match thread, there was about half a dozen times he played a sharp pass when others would have hoofed. 

If he stays fit, he'll be immense. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

I play football with some guys from work, there are a decent core of players so we can make it a game by splitting them up.

Anyways, I used to fill in when another mate needed a player for his work group. I would turn up, not a single footballer amongst them, everyone shouting ridiculous instructions, everyone running after the ball like maniacs, no ability, no awareness, no real desire or competitiveness. After a while I stopped playing because it was bringing my own game down just playing with them, the frustration just got to me.

Get out while you can JT.

Edited by rodders0223

Â