John Terry

Farlz

On 7/18/2017 at 22:48, AshVilla said:

He's quality.

Can see why he played at the top of the game for years.

Or why we worked so hard to get him.

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

We wouldn't have got him without SB, they seem like fairly close acquaintances.

He played with Calderwood before at Forest, maybe thats the connection ;) 

20 hours ago, Nigel said:

Its those little changes, along with Whelan as cover for a system that now doesn't have to change, that could see us get up.

A system that doesn't have to change? You mean that system that creates so many chances that we're knocking in goals for fun? Seamlessly linking midfield to the strikers, whose movement and running off the ball leaves the opposition defence tied in knots. Yeah we don't want to change that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

A system that doesn't have to change? You mean that system that creates so many chances that we're knocking in goals for fun? Seamlessly linking midfield to the strikers, whose movement and running off the ball leaves the opposition defence tied in knots. Yeah we don't want to change that. 

No, but the system that won us games. The one we had to change and we didn't win games.

4 hours ago, Nigel said:

No, but the system that won us games. The one we had to change and we didn't win games.

I'm sorry Nigel but I didn't ever see any significant changes to how we played ever since SB arrived. Sometimes we won, sometimes drew and sometimes lost, but the performances were always very similar. Extremely defence minded with very little creativity and heavily reliant on Kodjia nicking a goal. I'm sure the vast majority of us would like to see that system change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I'm sorry Nigel but I didn't ever see any significant changes to how we played ever since SB arrived. Sometimes we won, sometimes drew and sometimes lost, but the performances were always very similar. Extremely defence minded with very little creativity and heavily reliant on Kodjia nicking a goal. I'm sure the vast majority of us would like to see that system change. 

I'm going nowhere near this conversation....been done to death.

All I'm saying is statistically we won more with jedi in the side....without him we were weak and overpowered. We have addressed that which I'm happy with.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I'm very surprised Terry didn't go out in his full kit. 

Doesn't mean as much to him as when he wont he European Cup.

Terry out.

• Like 1

I just don't know. He's turned up, shines with quality and composure and football know-how. Easily the best defender in the entire league. But no, I'm sorry, my ethical compass, puts righteous PC Guardian reading sensibilities ahead of his value to our team - he's gotta go. Terry out. 

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Been here 3 weeks, we haven't conceded a goal and he's lifted the biggest trophy in our history.

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 16.04.43.png

If ever John Terry needed a hint that he was no longer in the big time, that trophy is it. 

Someone really needs to have a word with them about that. Players were embarrassed to be seen carrying it. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If ever John Terry needed a hint that he was no longer in the big time, that trophy is it. 

Someone really needs to have a word with them about that. Players were embarrassed to be seen carrying it. 

It looks exactly like the kind of trophy you'd buy for your Sunday League team's end of season do.

You could also tell by the way they were carrying it that it's light as a feather. Definitely plastic.

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It looks exactly like the kind of trophy you'd buy for your Sunday League team's end of season do.

You could also tell by the way they were carrying it that it's light as a feather. Definitely plastic.

It IS the kind of trophy you can buy for your Sunday league team. 

I've run a kids team and given out very similar trophies. 

You can buy the 8" version of the one Terry and Chester are holding for about £15 online. It's £50 worth at best I reckon :crylaugh:

Just now, wazzap24 said:

It IS the kind of trophy you can buy for your Sunday league team. 

I've run a kids team and given out very similar trophies. 

You can buy the 8" version of the one Terry and Chester are holding for about £15 online. It's £50 worth at best I reckon :crylaugh:

Yep same.

I've run a sunday league team and used to buy them all the time. Never that big, but exactly that style and colour scheme.

Embarrassing really.

• Like 1

Â