John Terry

Farlz

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think at this very moment in time John Terry is thinking WTF. 

Can you imagine having only ever played for Chelsea, and then playing for us

I'd be thinking, WTAF. 

He will remember the days of Winston Bogarde and Carlton Cole with fondness after this season

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Will get a good few goals for us i feel too

Well someone has to! Doesn't feel like it's coming from the front 6!

JT looks too good for us in our present state. There was a point in the first half where he stepped into midfield and tried to move the ball quicker, and get a few give and goes, but it was give and gone! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Showed his class tonight. Yeah yeah, opposition, blah blah, but still his passing was a class above. I said in the match thread, there was about half a dozen times he played a sharp pass when others would have hoofed. 

If he stays fit, he'll be immense. 

To be fair he did play a few long passes which were over hit and misplaced, not that I mind that now and again, but I did think at the time that if that was Baker people would have called it hoofball

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He will remember the days of Winston Bogarde and Carlton Cole with fondness after this season

Carlton Cole??

8 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

He's quality.

Can see why he played at the top of the game for years.

Bloody hell does this mean you're happy about something at the club?;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He was great this evening. Never stopped talking.

The fact that he was the best passer of the ball on our team is a little depressing though!

but wouldn't Steve Bruce have coached that out of him at BMH

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

He was great this evening. Never stopped talking.

The fact that he was the best passer of the ball on our team is a little depressing though!

Thought Lansbury just pipped him there. Some absolute gorgeous long balls.

Saw some of the game last night. JT was in a different class, made space for himself, and allowed others to pass to him when his team mates ran out of options...which was most of the time. He is a proper footballer...wish we had a few more footballers in the team as well.

I agree with some posts on here...JT must be wondering "what the hell was I thinking when I signed for this lot"...

Del

The one thing im most pleased with this signing if (as expected) he takes bakers place in the team is an eradication of a lot of the turnovers coming directly from defence.

So many times last season the team targeted baker, rushing the rest of the defence but allowing him time on the ball. The bloke is great in a melle, brave as they come but he simply can't pass, if the simple ball was cut off we were in trouble. His first thought was to kick long where the opposition centre halves could nab possession and come at us. It was painful to watch especially when we had to score and were clearly the better team, we just needed the ball.

I think this is the biggest area in the team that has been corrected this close season. Terry, if anything, is perhaps our best passer from the back. He also not easily ruffled, and along with Chester should serve to calm us down a bit during games and allow us more time on the ball to cause some damage up top.

Its those little changes, along with Whelan as cover for a system that now doesn't have to change, that could see us get up.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2017 at 20:54, srsmithusa said:

how old was petrov last year when many on here, and our manager, were willing to write him off as too old?

I think you'd struggle to find any posters who's sole concern about Petrov was his age. Certainly not "many"

I think the majority of posters were in favour of Petrov getting a chance if he was good enough.
And those that weren't were mainly concerned by the fact he'd been out of the game for so long and was recovering from cancer rather than his age.

The two scenarios aren't comparable.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2017 at 14:19, LakotaDakota said:

He'll be wanting to move by the end of the transfer window at this rate.

2 games played against shrewsbury & walsall, Surrounded by numpties who just happen to be wearing the same shirt. 0 wins & 1 goal from a penalty.

He's a fighter not a quitter.

Â