John Terry

Farlz

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

Most threads are getting bunged up - so I'll put this here as it vaguely relates to John Terry.

Whilst his signing didn't particularly worry me on it's own, it does tie in with everything else. The commentary seemed to mention and lot of "being torn apart" today... are we too slow? Hutton, Chester, Terry, Taylor, Whelan/Jedinak as your defensive 5 has very little pace. Is this a problem, or did Cardiff pass it round us today?

It looked like an issue yesterday. I hope other teams didn't take notice.

I hope they're all at Bodymoor Heath right now getting torn a new one by Terry whilst Bruce is sat in front of Round and Wyness getting his marching orders. One can hope! 

Terry has made us and him a target, but the best don't allow that to faze them, it's part and parcel of being the best. If we want to compete we should be handling second tier strikers being 'fired up' against us and Terry. 

Terry hasn't been on the receiving end of any of our attacking set pieces, I think. This may also be down to extra attention.

Of course, an intelligent manager would take advantage of this in some way...

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Terry hasn't been on the receiving end of any of our attacking set pieces, I think. This may also be down to extra attention.

Of course, an intelligent manager would take advantage of this in some way...

Maybe also has to do with our best set piece taker being on the bench . 

• Like 1

Conspiracy theory~~~~~~

Was Terry brought in with one eye on him being our next manager .......and did Bruce counter this by selling Baker ...meaning that should JT become manager he would still need to play as well 

Probably not - but I wouldn't give very long odds against Terry getting a run as caretaker manager at the very least.

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about him spending 3 days a week recovering back at Stamford Bridge with the Chelsea players.

At get that's where he lives and it's probably closer but as captain shouldn't it be all or nothing?? Be with our troops all the time.

Seems a bit half hearted.

On 13/08/2017 at 08:41, villan-scott said:

I hope they're all at Bodymoor Heath right now getting torn a new one by Terry whilst Bruce is sat in front of Round and Wyness getting his marching orders. One can hope! 

Terry has made us and him a target, but the best don't allow that to faze them, it's part and parcel of being the best. If we want to compete we should be handling second tier strikers being 'fired up' against us and Terry. 

Could repost this for today as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Not sure how I feel about him spending 3 days a week recovering back at Stamford Bridge with the Chelsea players.

At get that's where he lives and it's probably closer but as captain shouldn't it be all or nothing?? Be with our troops all the time.

Seems a bit half hearted.

Where've you out heard this?

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

There is only so much a defensive unit can do when there are no outlets, no relief of pressure, no defending from the front. Just camped in.

It is inevitable you will concede.

This.

I actually think we defended quite well last night.

It's just that every time we defended something, we just hoofed it forward and it came straight back at us.

It was constant pressure, and you have to have an exceptional defence, or exceptional luck, to keep a clean sheet in those circumstances.

Defence isn't the problem. A constant lack of possession and outlets is the problem.

• Like 1

Â