John Terry

Farlz

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This.

I actually think we defended quite well last night.

It's just that every time we defended something, we just hoofed it forward and it came straight back at us.

It was constant pressure, and you have to have an exceptional defence, or exceptional luck, to keep a clean sheet in those circumstances.

Defence isn't the problem. A constant lack of possession and outlets is the problem.

Whilst I agree to an extent, I do think apparent leaders such as Terry and Chester should be shouting at the midfield to get up the pitch and alleviate some of the pressure.

Our tactics are undoubtedly poor under Steve Bruce, but I can't for one minute imagine he sees the midfield sitting on top of the defence and thinks "that's it boys, invite all the pressure".

Just now, bobzy said:

Whilst I agree to an extent, I do think apparent leaders such as Terry and Chester should be shouting at the midfield to get up the pitch and alleviate some of the pressure.

Our tactics are undoubtedly poor under Steve Bruce, but I can't for one minute imagine he sees the midfield sitting on top of the defence and thinks "that's it boys, invite all the pressure".

He doesn't though. Watch him during the game. He spends most of it shouting at the midfield!

Sorry - but the sooner JT is gone the better. He can't be doing 3 days at a villa - what kind of a message does that send to the other players. I sense his presence (or non presence) is a significant factor in our poor start...

Get rid villa.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Baker was 'OK'  we needed Terry to be great. 

I didn't say terry was ok, I said I was ok with his performances.

We're three games in, we can't judge how good or bad a signing this has been.

It might turn out to be horrendous. But so far I think Terry has played very well vs Hull, not great vs Cardiff and decent last night.

That's fine. it's not spectacular, but the whole team is playing terribly.

It's certainly too soon to be writing him off and getting rid.

• Like 1

Terry is being paid decent wages by villa - he should be 100% training as other players are and not sitting around Stamford bridge in ice baths - he's villa captain now not Chelsea - he should lead by example !

He could be better, but I wouldn't exactly blame him for much. Chester has really gone off the boil so far this season and as far as last night was concerned, it looked to me that De Laet was at fault for the goals. Chester and shit right backs have been the cause of our issues so far. The main issue is that I really wouldn't trust Samba and Elphick to step in. If we would have kept Baker then I'd be all for Terry and Baker at the back for now, with Bree stepping into right back. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

45 minutes ago, hippo said:

He can't be doing 3 days at a villa - what kind of a message does that send to the other players. I sense his presence (or non presence) is a significant factor in our poor start...

It's a touch embarrassing for all concerned that he's back at Stamford bridge for ice baths as it appears that he's not really committed to the cause. However 'his presence (or non presence)' is not a significant factor in our poor start, our manager is the significant factor in that.

All this training at Cobham is horse shit IMO, he probably went to have an ice bath on his day off and it has been blown way out of proportion.

1 hour ago, jim said:

All this training at Cobham is horse shit IMO, he probably went to have an ice bath on his day off and it has been blown way out of proportion.

He isn't training. He goes there for his recovery which is for 3 days. Its in the link with quotes.

Maybe thats ok as it's where he lives. But kind of feels like a lack of squad unity.

Im sure we have ice baths.

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

He isn't training. He goes there for his recovery which is for 3 days. Its in the link with quotes.

Maybe thats ok as it's where he lives. But kind of feels like a lack of squad unity.

Im sure we have ice baths.

The quotes aren't from Terry, the club or Chelsea. It appears that it's just Rosenier saying that. Without knowing the full circumstances surrounding it it's hard to judge 

Â