John Terry

Farlz

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I've always been a firm believer of if you're not racist, using race as an insult shouldn't even cross your mind. Plenty of ways to get under someone's skin without bringing race into it. Funnily enough, his father once got done and pleaded guilty for racially abusing an Irishman. Called him a p*key word removed.

What about a person that think all these racist thoughts and insults in their mind and perhaps even says them in their own social circles but wouldn’t dare speak them in public as understand the implications?  They despise people of a different colour and make decisions in life based on that. 

The you get the guy that has grown up, worked with, lived around and has friends of a different colour. Yet in the heat of the moment, emotionally charged and angry, he f**ked up and said something he shouldn’t have and regrets it. But what’s done is done. 

The first person is a good guy, second person is forever a racist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Whatever can of worms it would open he should understand his faults, pad up and do his time. If he genuinely believes the story he told in court he can still speak up while stating his story is true. It is worth remembering that Ferdinand says he never heard it said, as much as I doubt it JT's story could be completely true and it is one big misunderstanding. Being silent is not an option.

He never heard it said??

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What about a person that think all these racist thoughts and insults in their mind and perhaps even says them in their own social circles but wouldn’t dare speak them in public as understand the implications?  They despise people of a different colour and make decisions in life based on that. 

The you get the guy that has grown up, worked with, lived around and has friends of a different colour. Yet in the heat of the moment, emotionally charged and angry, he f**ked up and said something he shouldn’t have and regrets it. But what’s done is done. 

The first person is a good guy, second person is forever a racist.

They're both racist. One's just smart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I've always been a firm believer of if you're not racist, using race as an insult shouldn't even cross your mind. Plenty of ways to get under someone's skin without bringing race into it. Funnily enough, his father once got done and pleaded guilty for racially abusing an Irishman. Called him a p*key word removed.

Agree with what your saying, using race as an insult is different from a smart comment to get under an opposition players skin. There is racism everywhere is some form, I think of many times when I was younger where players from other races used to call me a white &$@# and other, it’s not one sided, but it stayed on the field. Do I think they were racists or just trying to get me off my game?? Maybe a little of both, but 30 years ago it stayed on the field, rightly or wrongly. 

It’s a different time, people are more willing to call it out and make others accountable, which is right. From my point of view, we just need to hear all the facts before making judgement.

• Like 2

IMO the best way to resolve this is if both of them sit together privately and discuss what happened and then agree to make a joint statement of what was agreed upon and what they disagreed upon. They can also mention what the next course of action is.

Racism is something that can be defeated through education and I agree it does exist in virtually all communities.

John Terry probably cries himself to sleep because of what happened we don't know. I sincerely hope that these two can at least work things out or speak face to face once.

On 04/12/2020 at 23:42, Keyblade said:

I am not so sure. I know plenty of people who have used racist insults, who I know for a fact aren't racist. I think it's just a lazy go to insult for less intelligent people who watch to much US produced movies or US music in general.

All though this might be different for native English speakers.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

There’d be no benefit in them talking about it.  Anton doesn't believe John's version of events, and John can't change his version of events because that's what he told a court of law.

John could try and explain it to him in person,  but no way Anton is now backing down over his version of events with a documentary published about it.

No value in them speaking at all, unless Terry wants to change his version of events,  and open himself up to lying under oath.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

There’d be no benefit in them talking about it.  Anton doesn't believe John's version of events, and John can't change his version of events because that's what he told a court of law.

John could try and explain it to him in person,  but no way Anton is now backing down over his version of events with a documentary published about it.

No value in them speaking at all, unless Terry wants to change his version of events,  and open himself up to lying under oath.

Sadly this is exactly right. Terry can't say anything about what really happened without admitting that he perjured himself and being open to a prison sentence.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Let's be honest.

Only reason they are so desperate for Terry is because he generates clicks.

JT made a mistake when he was still a young man like we all do and has learned from it. No reason to dwell on it.

JT is not a racist and has matured as a human being. He is a family man and is coaching a professional football team. He has other things to worry about than digging in a 15+ year old incident.

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Sadly this is exactly right. Terry can't say anything about what really happened without admitting that he perjured himself and being open to a prison sentence.

That's the word I was looking for! Can't see either scenario happening.  It really does make me wonder what happened,  and kind of makes me question how there wasn't a mic pitch side that picked it up. 

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Makes you think he shouldn't have lied under oath in the first place doesn't it?

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Let's be honest.

Only reason they are so desperate for Terry is because he generates clicks.

JT made a mistake when he was still a young man like we all do and has learned from it. No reason to dwell on it.

JT is not a racist and has matured as a human being. He is a family man and is coaching a professional football team. He has other things to worry about than digging in a 15+ year old incident.

He was 31 and Chelsea captain for 8 years and England captain for 5 years

• Like 3

Â