John Terry

Farlz

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Bournemouth is not a safe job for a rookie manager, Howe did wonders and were happy to sack him even if he might have walked anyway. They arent doing too badly in Championship but they are in huge financial shit if dont go up

nah they're fine now. they sold all the really top earners, most for way more than they were worth. they got 5m for king who's out of contract in the summer ffs. made 17m profit on ramsdale in a year too. brooks will go too this summer probably for a good few quid and they've not spent anything of the money that came in

prioblem is that they don't have the cash to spend now, so anyone that comes in will be working on a shoestring budget

He may have applied for it behind the scenes, I don't know, but a lot of clickbait sites were posting headlines like "JT applies for Bournemouth job", but of course it was Jason Tindall they were referring to and not John Terry.

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Heard a bit of Alex Crook this morning on TS who's based down there and has some good sources and he said John Terry applied and had interview when they had the vacancy in the summer.

Which club vacancy?

Edit: I guess looking at the responses above it's Bournemouth?

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Which club vacancy?

Edit: I guess looking at the responses above it's Bournemouth?

Yes Bournemouth head coach but apparently their Russian owner wanted to give it to Jason Tindall so overruled their chief exec. who was pushing for John Terry apparently.

I get the feeling he'll go tbh. Feels like the right time given he's not going to want to be a number 2 forever despite us doing really well.

• Like 1

I think it would be good to add Lampard to the training team. He knows Terry well and has a good grasp of a lot of up and coming talents. If I was the next best thing I would jump at the chance of being coached by Terry and  Lampard duo. No idea if Lampard would want to be a coach. Though you never know.

14 hours ago, Danishlad said:

I think it would be good to add Lampard to the training team. He knows Terry well and has a good grasp of a lot of up and coming talents. If I was the next best thing I would jump at the chance of being coached by Terry and  Lampard duo. No idea if Lampard would want to be a coach. Though you never know.

i think in american sports that would be the case but in the PL i cant think of that ever happening before, a manager being sacked and dropping on to the coaching staff

what lampard cant do is think the championship is beneath him, i think he'd be better waiting see who goes down and then who will be a big team in the championship next season so he can get a promotion under his belt, fulham look the obvious one, if they ever sacked parker and got relegated on paper thats a good job for a young manager

as for terry...even with corona stopping the golfing / skiing / trips to his villa in portugal im still not convinced he wants to step away from his current role and lifestyle, same as always, i see nothing about him that suggests he wants to have to put in the hours that smith has to, when everything is back to normal you arent going to see john terry taking in villa vs west ham on a wednesday night off like southgate was yesterday, i dont think thats him, im convinced he's a family man with a great life

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I see candleface is urging terry to take it. Why can't that utter moron keep out of our business?

He needs to try stay relevant (isn't BTW) and keep the work coming in. He was all over the place the last couple of weeks with the Lampard stuff as well.

15 hours ago, Danishlad said:

What? We've got more than enough coaching staff.

On 03/02/2021 at 16:29, useless said:

I had a look on one of their forum and their fans seem to be talking more about Lampard and Woodgate than Terry, I think Woodgate is the current favourite.

Good god are they mad?

His nickname when playing was village, as in idiot. He failed miserably at Boro even with a patient chairman in Gibson.

Â