John Terry

Farlz

On 30/11/2020 at 08:22, sidcow said:

Massive piece on this today on BBC Breakfast. 

He's made the point that he's reached out to Terry to speak about it with him to send a powerful message and not had a reply. 

Terry is going to get panned over this, it's not going to be something he can sweep under the carpet. 

I do wonder if he's avoided going into management knowing this was on the horizon.

To me, the silence speaks volumes. I've never been happy about Terry on the coaching staff, there's no excuse for racism, it's a stain on the club, especially with the positive work done to make it an inclusive space for all, especially around Black Lives Matter and recognising the social responsibility that comes with standing against racism.

I wouldn't lose sleep if Terry goes. I wish he wasn't so readily rehabilitated when he seems unwilling to show contrition.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

To me, the silence speaks volumes. I've never been happy about Terry on the coaching staff, there's no excuse for racism, it's a stain on the club, especially with the positive work done to make it an inclusive space for all, especially around Black Lives Matter and recognising the social responsibility that comes with standing against racism.

I wouldn't lose sleep if Terry goes. I wish he wasn't so readily rehabilitated when he seems unwilling to show contrition.

Thing is, if he had met up with Ferdinand, what would he say? They would talk about the incident and Terry would likely stick to his version of events which Ferdinand would dispute and that would resolve nothing. Or Terry would tearfully repent his sins and doing so would be admitting that that he perjured himself in court. I think it’s a lose lose for him but like I said before, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for him. 

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I wouldn't lose sleep if Terry goes. I wish he wasn't so readily rehabilitated when he seems unwilling to show contrition.i

Perhaps he's ashamed and doesn't know how to deal with it. Who knows but I'm sure he wants to bury his head in the sand and forget it ever happened. He will have to face up to it sooner rather than later I should think. I would be surprised if he's not spoken to the team about it actually. Clearly he was a bit of a bad egg although I would like to give the benefit of the doubt and say the leopard has changed his spots! 

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Terry really could have done so much to show he's changed, understood the hurt such racism has on individuals, how it harmed Anton's career. None of which he suffered. But instead, we got this. To me, it's cowardly.

i dont really like John Terry but imho this feels like a bit of a witch hunt, if he doesnt want to talk about it, he doesnt want to talk about it, its really that simple.

As far as i am aware this was dealt with at the time?, why are we so intent on digging back in to peoples past for mistakes?, if anyone claims they havent made mistakes in the past that they regretted, and later learnt from, they are a liar.

Yes he was wrong in what he did, but if it was dealt with at the time, and he wishes not to talk about it, thats his prerogative, these witch hunts / cancel culture stuff is insipid.

i also think @TRO's comments on the previous page cover it well.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Thing is, if he had met up with Ferdinand, what would he say? They would talk about the incident and Terry would likely stick to his version of events which Ferdinand would dispute and that would resolve nothing. Or Terry would tearfully repent his sins and doing so would be admitting that that he perjured himself in court. I think it’s a lose lose for him but like I said before, I don’t have a lot of sympathy for him. 

Anton obviously doesn't have a very attractive wife ... if he did JT would be straight over!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont really like John Terry but imho this feels like a bit of a witch hunt, if he doesnt want to talk about it, he doesnt want to talk about it, its really that simple.

As far as i am aware this was dealt with at the time?, why are we so intent on digging back in to peoples past for mistakes?, if anyone claims they havent made mistakes in the past that they regretted, and later learnt from, they are a liar.

Yes he was wrong in what he did, but if it was dealt with at the time, and he wishes not to talk about it, thats his prerogative, these witch hunts / cancel culture stuff is insipid.

i also think @TRO's comments on the previous page cover it well.

your comments cover it well too.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

or twisted and manipulated by the media, Like Lady Diana was.

the events took place and its over....case closed.

13 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I always agree with you and haven't had a 🤗 or a 😘 yet.  Feeling very left out.  It's almost like an Anton and JT situation ... 🤣

I'll get round to you.....but I think you had a little wobble just recently.😀😀😀

42 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

To be fair, I hadn’t thought of it in years until it was subject of a BBC prime time documentary and loads of tv and news articles. 

Exactly. I don't want to sound too much like old man shouting at TV but the bbc sport does seem to have  a bit of an agenda at the moment. They are consistently going on about proposed changes to the premier league when most other outlets have not really commented on. Women's football seems to be covered more than the entire league one and two levels as well for example but there you go.

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

For the most part, yes. The zonal marking from corners is a problem, though - we're frequently putting our midfielders on CBs and unsurprisingly getting bested. 

Twice in the last 20 games. A bit of an overreaction I would say. The positioning was off for the free kick because it was closer in and mcginn lost his man for the corner. Not exactly a zonal issue. 

Â