Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

cant believe fans really think we've a chance of signing loic remy! 

We barely pass to our current (proven in this league) strikers so what difference would remy make?

our issue in front of goal is down to service (or lack of) from our midfield.

we need at least one more winger and hope that Grealish can take on the creativity in midfield. 

• Like 1

I'd be happy just to get one midfield bastard in as back up to Jedinak and say to Bruce, here you are, you've got worse teams promoted, now just get on with it.  Especially if Vertout stays and is an extra option in midfield.  I don't think we need another striker as I don't think we should play two up top, so sorry but Hogan is just going to have to be a very expensive substitute when Kodjia is fit.  I don't want us trying anything other than 4-3-3 either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

cant believe fans really think we've a chance of signing loic remy! 

We barely pass to our current (proven in this league) strikers so what difference would remy make?

our issue in front of goal is down to service (or lack of) from our midfield.

we need at least one more winger and hope that Grealish can take on the creativity in midfield. 

What fans, I've seen no one in here mention him (unless I've missed something?)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, macandally said:

I am going to be controversial here, I don't think we need more players in, just a boatload out.

Then some actual coaching may help

I think we definitely need a Jedinak type player at minimum.

Aside from that i'm inclined to agree.

We have some players in this squad who should be doing much better.

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

There weren't many players who provided more. 

But unlike a lot of the other players in the team, that's his job. He's not a GK, a defender or def midfielder, he's a creative midfielder and those stats aren't good enough so let's hope this season they improve, I'm not convinced.

Just someone in the middle of the park who can play a pass into the strikers. Yesterday was either look for Green or f#ck about with it until we lost possession. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I thought we looked our most dangerous last season when Bacuna was playing as a CM. It might not be his ideal position but I don't think we have another player (apart from Jedinak) who can offer as much in that position as Bacuna. I don't mind Hourihane but he's been disappointing so far and am not fully convinced. I'm not a fan of Lansbury or Veretout. Tshibola is raw and I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he would be a better option for CM next season than Bacuna.

I'd like us to try and sign Mark Milligan. He's a ready made CM with international and World Cup experience. He's played regularly with Jedinak at the Socceroos. He can fill in for Jedinak if needed and play alongside him or ahead him in a slightly more advanced position. A midfield group of Jedinak, Milligan, Bacuna and Hourihane should be more than solid enough at this level and we can then focus on finding a LW and a number 10.

There is definitely an opinion amongst football fans here that Milligan is better than Jedinak...I'm not convinced, but there is definitely merit in the discussion.  The problem is that I think he's already been denied a work permit for some ridiculous 'red tape' reason.  Would definitely be an asset to the team, and is another leader on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banger75 said:

There is definitely an opinion amongst football fans here that Milligan is better than Jedinak...I'm not convinced, but there is definitely merit in the discussion.  The problem is that I think he's already been denied a work permit for some ridiculous 'red tape' reason.  Would definitely be an asset to the team, and is another leader on the pitch.

Come on. There's no way Milligan is anywhere near as good as Mile. One is a premier league captain. The other has toured Asia and the middle east in his career. There's a reason for it. Milligan is awful. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

If he goes into the season playing 5 at the back I'll likely be calling for his head.

Probably best to see how 5 at the back works in terms of results before calling for heads to roll. 

Chelsea won the league last season doing it. 

52 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Probably best to see how 5 at the back works in terms of results before calling for heads to roll. 

Chelsea won the league last season doing it. 

Difference being Chelseas 5 at the back is actually 3 at the back. Brucies 5 at the back would be more like 7 at the back

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I said a few months ago a good, cheap option for CM would be Mark Milligan. He's looking for a new club and still has a desire to prove himself in England and keep his chances alive of playing at next year's World Cup. He's considering a move to the Championship with Birmingham City and Burton Albion both interested in signing him.  

I've watched him play a lot for the Socceroos and Melbourne Victory and always rated him higher than Jedinak. He offers a similar thing but is more mobile and better on the ball. He really is a player who I think could make a big difference for us in CM.

Nope nope nopitty nope. Wouldn't touch him.

I would be quite happy for the Blose to sign him though.

• Like 2

If we're to sign an Aussie, it had to Mooy... but since we missed that boat, then Rogic would be the next best but definitely not one of Bruce's types as he doesn't trail back too often and is creative 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Yeah I don't rate either of them. I'd be very, very surprised if we got promoted under Steve Bruce with Lansbury and Veretout as our starting CMs.

I'd be very surprised if we got promoted with Bacuna in the starting XI (or IX, whichever you prefer)

21 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I said a few months ago a good, cheap option for CM would be Mark Milligan. He's looking for a new club and still has a desire to prove himself in England and keep his chances alive of playing at next year's World Cup. He's considering a move to the Championship with Birmingham City and Burton Albion both interested in signing him.  

I've watched him play a lot for the Socceroos and Melbourne Victory and always rated him higher than Jedinak. He offers a similar thing but is more mobile and better on the ball. He really is a player who I think could make a big difference for us in CM.

I can't be bothered writing another long post questioning whether you're serious or trolling but I'll say this.

Mark Milligan. No. Way. Ever. 

• Like 2