Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, jim said:

Impressed Arsene so much that he didn't sign him?

He wasn't able to get a work permit as far as I know.

OLYROO captain Mark Milligan is poised to join English Premier League club Arsenal after impressing manager Arsene Wegner in a secret trial.

Speaking on Total Football on Fox Sports last night, Milligan confirmed he was poised to sign with the Gunners and quit Sydney FC subject to obtaining a British work permit. 

An Arsenal source said that Wenger saw Milligan as a potential straight replacement for French international Matthieu Flamini, who is bound for AC Milan next season. 

But Milligan's decision to head to the UK in a bid to secure his footballing future has not impressed his Olympics coach Graham Arnold, who was expecting him to join his Beijing-bound team-mates in camp in Townsville, North Queensland. 

Milligan was the subject of transfer talks at the start of the last A-League season when his manager Craig Nettlebeck had the dashing young left back ready to sign with then newly promoted French club Metz. 

But negotiations broke down when Sydney FC management refused the rising star's clearance to France. 

https://www.goonersworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5206&p=92539

Milligan has never played in Europe during his 15-year professional career, although he was linked with Crystal Palace in 2013.

He trialled with several European clubs including Arsenal and Werder Bremen in 2008 but was unable to secure a contract due to work permit and visa issues.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/milligan-set-for-open-market-455742

So likely Elmo for £1m - not a bad price for an average player. 

We need an extra option at right mid and he could play wing back too if we opt for 3 at the back.

not inspiring but solid enough.

• Like 1

Whelan and Elmo.

Ive not felt excitement like this as a Villa fan since the great day we announced we had landed Micheal Boulding in the face of steep competition from Boldmere Tennis Club.

It's a glorious day.

(Actually it's fairly shrewd business, shame we didn't do a bit more of that last summer)

• Like 2

A player very much in decline and crap but was always going to happen because he's a Bruce player.

Another one were going to struggle to shift off the wage bill lets hope the club don't give him a 5 year deal.

Edited by AshVilla

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Whelan and Elmo.

Ive not felt excitement like this as a Villa fan since the great day we announced we had landed Micheal Boulding in the face of steep competition from Boldmere Tennis Club.

It's a glorious day.

(Actually it's fairly shrewd business, shame we didn't do a bit more of that last summer)

It's just like signing Eirik Bakke and Oyvind Leonhardsen all over again.

the biggest quandary is whose name to have emblazoned on my shirt! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Whelan and Elmo.

It's a glorious day.

The question is, who's off in order to fund the deals? Just Elphick at this stage?

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

The question is, who's off in order to fund the deals? Just Elphick at this stage?

At least two set to go, possibly three.

Honestly don't know who but not expecting any surprises and lets face it we've plenty of surplus to shift.

• Like 1

So how many players can you register for a Championship squad?

Ours is positively bloated.

32 senior players if Elmo is signed.

That will put you back a pretty penny.

Edit: Come to think of it. How do we even conduct training?

Edited by sne

I have been numb since we sold Benteke. This provokes not emotion in me at all anymore. I really don't recognise or get enthused by anyone at the club anymore.

£1m sounds good value though, that's my objective response.