Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Probably best to see how 5 at the back works in terms of results before calling for heads to roll. 

Chelsea won the league last season doing it. 

What Chelsea did is utterly irrelevant given we have a entirely different set of player, Terry aside obviously.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KSV said:

Come on. There's no way Milligan is anywhere near as good as Mile. One is a premier league captain. The other has toured Asia and the middle east in his career. There's a reason for it. Milligan is awful. 

have another read of my post KSV...I said that I wasn't convinced that it was the case.  I would never have thought you'd be the type to judge a player by where he has played.

Its obvious Ange Postecoglou thinks otherwise, but of course he is rubbish too as he hasn't coached in the Premier league - right?

For the record, there are better players available than Milligan - end of story.

3 minutes ago, Banger75 said:

have another read of my post KSV...I said that I wasn't convinced that it was the case.  I would never have thought you'd be the type to judge a player by where he has played.

Its obvious Ange Postecoglou thinks otherwise, but of course he is rubbish too as he hasn't coached in the Premier league - right?

For the record, there are better players available than Milligan - end of story.

When you've never made it past A-league or Asian equivalent level and are 31 then people can rightly judge that he is nowhere near good enough for what we need.

• Like 2

As far as Aussies go, for me, Jackson Irvine maybe, and I do like Rogic. The best fits though was an Aussie goalie. Would loved to see Mat Ryan at Villa, but I would have settled for Langerak. He is not quite as good as Ryan, but still much better than Johnstone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skills said:

If we're to sign an Aussie, it had to Mooy... but since we missed that boat, then Rogic would be the next best but definitely not one of Bruce's types as he doesn't trail back too often and is creative 

No doubt about it Mooy is decent but under the right manager I think Vertout could be better. That's why I feel it's imperative that Villa hold onto him until at least January whereby there might be a new manager in place anyway.

Edited by striker

Think Jackson Irvine would be a great signing but not the type of player we're after. 

Experienced heads, played at a top level and for a big club. I'm thinking the Darren Fletcher's of this world will be our targets

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

So your solution to our midfield is to play Bacuna, and sign a player at the tail end of his career that has never made it at a level above the A-league?

Whatever spiritual thing you see footballers in isn't working anymore fella. Wow!

I've been a fan of Milligan for years and it would have been nice to sign him a few years ago but I still think he has it in him to be a very good CM in the Chamionship. He's been an unsung hero for the Socceroos for many seasons and held them together as much or more than Jedinak in my view. 

He might not have played club football at a higher level than the A League but neither did Jedinak before he joined Crystal Palace or Mooy before he joined Huddersfield. He's been tested regularly against the best at international level though and has always performed admirably.

Earlier in his career he was wanted by Manchester City and Blackburn and was on the verge of joining Arsenal after impressing Arsene Wenger on a trial. Crystal Palace also wanted to sign him a few seasons ago. He's an underrated player and would be a top signing for any team who takes a chance on him at this level.

Edited by Michael118
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Banger75 said:

I dont always judge a player by where hes played.. it just backs up my point.. he is a very average player who never made it to the big leagues.. because.. well hes not good enough. Barely any decent in the A league in my opinion. 

Regards to why Ange is picking him.. who knows.. i dont even know why he starts Leckie in every game. Another rubbish player. 

26 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I've been a fan of Milligan for years and it would have been nice to sign him a few years ago but I still think he has it in him to be a very good CM in the Chamionship. He's been an unsung hero for the Socceroos for many seasons and held them together as much or more than Jedinak in my view. 

He might not have played club football at a higher level than the A League but neither did Jedinak before he joined Crystal Palace or Mooy before he joined Huddersfield. He's been tested regularly against the best at international level though and has always performed admirably.

Earlier in his career he was wanted by Manchester City and Blackburn and was on the verge of joining Arsenal after impressing Arsene Wenger on a trial. Crystal Palace also wanted to sign him a few seasons ago. He's an underrated player and would be a top signing for any team who takes a chance on him at this level.

That's a damn lie!

Hmm... not sure why people are touting Mark Milligan.

Is he better than Jedinak now? Yes.

Does Mark have a visa to play in the Championship? Nope.

Are there younger and better out there? Almost certainly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Earlier in his career he was wanted by Manchester City and Blackburn and was on the verge of joining Arsenal after impressing Arsene Wenger on a trial.

Impressed Arsene so much that he didn't sign him?

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

To be fair Arsene only turns down shit players like Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic and Messi. 

Tbf Ibrahimovic turned down Wenger.

Bildresultat för Zlatan doesn't do auditions

• Like 1