Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

Tommy Oar was on his way up in a big way a few seasons ago. Things haven't gone to plan for him since then but he's still only 25 and has a lot of natural ability.

Mooy isn't as good as people think in my opinion.

Sebastian Pasquali has already been signed by Ajax as a 17 year old so he hardly qualifies. 

9 hours ago, dubbs said:

Talk of Richards, RMC and Elphick wanted by Sunderland . That would be great business!

No it wouldn't, it would be terrible business for us to lose 3 of our best players :ph34r:

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Tommy Oar was on his way up in a big way a few seasons ago. Things haven't gone to plan for him since then but he's still only 25 and has a lot of natural ability.

Mooy isn't as good as people think in my opinion.

Sebastian Pasquali has already been signed by Ajax as a 17 year old so he hardly qualifies. 

I started typing, then I thought about it and decided just hit submit and be done.

45 minutes ago, Skills said:

i don't fancy waiting for said careers to be over to say i told you so... however, you've lost any credibility that you had stating that Tommy Oar would be a good signing for any championship team let alone a team that is as expensively assembled as Villa, who are aiming for promotion. 

Unfortunately, there's only a handful of Aussies that are worth a Villa jersey, and as AJ correctly pointed out, they mostly play in goals and/or are out of our reach namely Mooy.

But to throw you a little bone, a kid by the name of Sebastian Pesquale would be one for the future but faces a crucial season ahead of him in his development

Also, keep an eye on young Riley McGree, the 19yo just signed by Brugge from Adelaide. He may have a big future.

If he blossoms, we should snag him, because we need more players when we are in the Champions Cup.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJ said:

Also, keep an eye on young Riley McGree, the 19yo just signed by Brugge from Adelaide. He may have a big future.

If he blossoms, we should snag him, because we need more players when we are in the Champions Cup.

What's this sudden obsession with us signing every (promising) Aussie player!?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Why do we care so much about Australian players? I don't get it!

I think its taking the piss mate. Someone suggested we should sign Mark Milligan and its gone from there. @AJ is not being serious (I hope :D)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think its taking the piss mate. Someone suggested we should sign Mark Milligan and its gone from there. @AJ is not being serious (I hope :D)

Well, yes and no. ;)

I am not too fussed on who we sign, as long as it is good for Villa.

Edited by AJ

16 minutes ago, AJ said:

Well, yes and no. ;)

I am not too fussed on who we sign, as long as it is good for Villa.

Yes, sorry mate wasn't knocking your suggestion but that's it came across in my post. 

I hope one day we sign our own Tim Cahill, Harry Kewell etc

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes, sorry mate wasn't knocking your suggestion but that's it came across in my post. 

I hope one day we sign our own Tim Cahill, Harry Kewell etc

No, I didn't get that impression at all, and I agree.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Why do we care so much about Australian players? I don't get it!

Well, it all started when someone suggested Mark Milligan. Opinions, of course, but many believe including myself, that this would be a bad idea. At best, we could hope is that he becomes another passenger on the wage bill. At best.

We then started to speculate on what Aussie players would be a good fit for Villa. For me, we needed to fill the gap between the sticks, so I suggested Langerak, as Ryan is no longer on the shelf, because we were weak in goal, and we still are.

Its nothing serious. As I said in a previous post, as long as the signings are good for Villa, then I am happy.

More Terrys and less Johnstones though.

Jordan Lyden and Mile Jedinak should do us for an Aussie contingent for now.

Let's leave Tommy Oar and Brett Holman to sabotage Brisbane Roar's title hopes for the time being.

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like the fact we are signing experienced Premier League players. I think we badly need players that can handle pressure. I hope we're still in for Whelan too.

Think you will be pleased on that front... soon too

• Like 1

Looks to me like Elmo and Whelan are done. There is another player (1 of 3) set to join who I'd guess hasn't been named yet. Also, looking like a swap deal somewhere. Who or what though is a mystery.

Plenty of players going to other way though, so positive signs.