Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Huddlestone off to derby with a £2 million buyout clause. 

Surprised we weren't in for him at that price. 

Landsbury is similar to Huddlestone and probably better now.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2017 at 20:00, thunderball said:

Kipper and the Corpse?

Communication problems. 

'Is this a piece of your brain? :crylaugh:

richardson_basil.png

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Huddlestone off to derby with a £2 million buyout clause. 

Surprised we weren't in for him at that price. 

He is the guy we should have signed 3 or 4 times but never did...so don't worry we will sign him at 34 years old when he is well and truly shot.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is the guy we should have signed 3 or 4 times but never did...so don't worry we will sign him at 34 years old when he is well and truly shot.

Surely that guy is Miguel!?

So far I've thought that the following players had left Villa Park at one point this summer: Bunn, Gil, Amavi, Samba, Sanchez, Cissokho, Johnstone.

Gil is the only one of those to actually leave the club and it's only on loan. Wyness said we would be making a lot of quick moves early in the transfer market and so far we seem to be bringing in noone and getting nobody out the door either. I think we could lose 10 members of the squad.

I think it is deeper than that we need, we aren't getting the chances created for the front two or linking well with a number 10 person. Midfield needs to be more dynamic/creative/mobile in advanced positions.  It just seems we have no ideas how to link midfield with the forward positions to make opportunities

• Like 1

midfield has been the problem for over 6 years now, square pegs round holes comes to mind. i would love bruce to ring up sir alex & ask him what players he would do with the midfield, who to sell ..who could keep.

2 hours ago, KSV said:

We need a number 10

Seeing as John Terry nicked Kodjias shirt, he will probably be number 10 this year :D

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think it is deeper than that we need, we aren't getting the chances created for the front two or linking well with a number 10 person. Midfield needs to be more dynamic/creative/mobile in advanced positions.  It just seems we have no ideas how to link midfield with the forward positions to make opportunities

I think we need to persist with Grealish in this position. Not keep dropping him or moving him out wide. 

1 hour ago, cbr600rr said:

midfield has been the problem for over 6 years now, square pegs round holes comes to mind. i would love bruce to ring up sir alex & ask him what players he would do with the midfield, who to sell ..who could keep.

No doubt Sir Alex would say "Djemba Djemba"

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think we need to persist with Grealish in this position. Not keep dropping him or moving him out wide. 

Doesnt have enough influence in a game to be a starter. Nice to have off the bench occasionally but his creative output isn't good enough. I've really been pushing for him over the years but consistent output of quality is poor but is great in flashes.

• Like 2

I said a few months ago a good, cheap option for CM would be Mark Milligan. He's looking for a new club and still has a desire to prove himself in England and keep his chances alive of playing at next year's World Cup. He's considering a move to the Championship with Birmingham City and Burton Albion both interested in signing him.  

I've watched him play a lot for the Socceroos and Melbourne Victory and always rated him higher than Jedinak. He offers a similar thing but is more mobile and better on the ball. He really is a player who I think could make a big difference for us in CM.