Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Doubt Sheffield United will sign him if they go up, Wilder likes him but hardly used him which suggests like DS here what he's seen in training and the odd sub appearence isn't enough.

Linked to Bristol City for next season.

According to a report in Bristol Post, Aston Villa striker Scott Hogan is a transfer target for fellow Championship side Bristol City. The Robins are looking to make several additions in the summer window.

They also have Middlesbrough’s Britt Assombalonga and Arsenal’s Eddie Nketiah on their radar (h/t Bristol Post).

Manager Lee Johnson is setting his sights on signing Hogan, who hasn’t starred at Villa and is currently out on loan at Sheffield United (h/t Bristol Post).

The Villans could sanction a permanent exit for the 26-year-old, who arrived at Villa Park from Brentford in January 2017 for a fee around
£12m.

https://soccersouls.com/bristol-city-snapping-up-this-12m-aston-villa-star-would-be-nothing-but-a-coup-and-johnson-must-do-this/

We're not even going to get a third back of what we paid so I can see him loaning him out again next season and then I assume he'll have just a year left on his deal and we'll sell for a real knock down price.

Hopefully we'll be in prem by then so it won't impact on our FFP.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't think we need to revel in it guys.

The human side of me feels sorry for him, he must be disappointed in how things have panned out too, perhaps in the future he'll find form again but it won't be here, particularly if we get promoted.

Agreed.

I've said before I like the guy and he seems to have a great attitude.

Unfortunately he just doesn't have the ability to match.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was a massive gamble at the time. Panic signing almost. Unfortunately it didn’t pay off. 

Time for him and the club to move on. 

It was almost as if Bruce did no research whatsoever and just panic bought a player who was scoring a few goals at the time. 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2019 at 13:52, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't think we need to revel in it guys.

The human side of me feels sorry for him, he must be disappointed in how things have panned out too, perhaps in the future he'll find form again but it won't be here, particularly if we get promoted.

Agreed.

All things aside, he seems to have a great attitude.

He must be pretty down right now.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Honestly, I have never seen a first touch as bad as his. Not in professional football, but ever. You could underarm bounce a ball at him at 1mph, he honestly would never kill it dead in 100 attempts.

I'm sure there is no exaggeration there at all. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Honestly, I have never seen a first touch as bad as his. Not in professional football, but ever. You could underarm bounce a ball at him at 1mph, he honestly would never kill it dead in 100 attempts.

When I read posts on my tablet, the way I zoom on them means I have no idea who is writing them.  I had to zoom out on this because it was so ludicrous I assumed it must have been written by @screwdriver

Hang your head in shame @rodders0223

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

I wonder what his value is. Could we re coupe 2m for him?

With the wages we will inevitably have signed him up for, no. 

We'll be lucky just to get him off the wageroll on a free. 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Certainly Ive seen no pro as poor on the ball as he.

Ive said many a time the ball just bounces off him.

7 hours ago, hippo said:

Certainly Ive seen no pro as poor on the ball as he.

Ive said many a time the ball just bounces off him.

Pinball machine??

Â