Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, sne said:

It's a catch 22.

He's not good enough to start so he won't get enough game game time to regain his confidence, and he won't regain his confidence without game time.

We paid way, way over the top for a limited Championship poacher and expected him to do things he's not capable of.

In the world of striker a couple of goals can totally transform even a mediocre player, and that might still happen for Hogan somewhere.

But I won't be here, and it won't last.

Really hope we can get £4-5m for him in the summer and his wages off our books to be put to better use.

Be lucky to get £2m

5 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

We have only seen Hogan play in a Bruce system where pressing high up the pitch wasn't in the game plan. It's always going to be easy to pass around someone if the midfield isn't helping.

We have a number of players who will be leaving in the summer and I don't think anyone has a clue how much money we will have to spend. It looks like we may need two new wingers, a CM, CB, LB at the very least.

Smith might think if he can improve the midfield/defence more to his suiting he could get the best out of Hogan again. I hope we get a new forward in but it wouldn't surprise me if we start the season with Hogan.

It would stagger and horrify me.

Thankfully I think kirsten stewart sitting on my face is more likley than Hogan being our main striker next season.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If Hogan is starting up front for us next season then I think we're in deep trouble.

He has a lot of energy, you're right. That's probably his best asset. But I just don't think he's got enough about his game to be a starter in a team supposedly pushing for promotion.
I'd be surprised to see him here at all next season, but if he is he needs to be competition for a better front man, imo.

Every time this topic gets raised your all over it. I guess you might have a name for this behaviour ?

• Haha 1

Smith got the best out of him before. If he's here I'm sure he'll use him effectively. If he's not then he's wages off the book. Can't really lose with this guy. The fee and wages are already written off now may as well use him as best we can in the side. 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

It would stagger and horrify me.

Thankfully I think kirsten stewart sitting on my face is more likley than Hogan being our main striker next season.

I'll see your Kirsten Stewart and raise you an Amber Heard.

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Smith got the best out of him before. If he's here I'm sure he'll use him effectively. If he's not then he's wages off the book. Can't really lose with this guy. The fee and wages are already written off now may as well use him as best we can in the side. 

He's a write-off now, we need to buy a couple new strikers because when Tammy goes were in trouble in that department if we don't spend. I'd say buy Maupay and Grabban along with Lolley for the wing, that's me and it would cost abit but would be worth it..

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

He's a write-off now, we need to buy a couple new strikers because when Tammy goes were in trouble in that department if we don't spend. I'd say buy Maupay and Grabban along with Lolley for the wing, that's me and it would cost abit but would be worth it..

Why is he a write off though?

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has scored, a miracle has happened. Weimann got a hat-trick in the same game

WTF some special forces at work at Bramall Lane today

Have Sheffield Utd loaned Micah Richards on the sly from us? 

Â