Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bennett last season. Clark and Hogg the season before.  

Joining Bardsley, Westwood, Bacuna, Lowton, Ayew...........an entire cast of players who were crap ............

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, that’s the former players......now.....Mcleish ? Lambert ? Garde ? Sherwood ? RDM ? Bruce ?

Not such a strong representation in the top League.

Its almost as if we’ve been badly managed.......

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

So, that’s the former players......now.....Mcleish ? Lambert ? Garde ? Sherwood ? RDM ? Bruce ?

Not such a strong representation in the top League.

Its almost as if we’ve been badly managed.......

It really is depressing. 

Edit: I’d even add the great Martin O’Neil to that list.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bit of fan power in some of that?

Indeed, well they certainly weren’t singled out for praise by the fans.

But, to be fair, by and large they did perform pretty weakly, for us.

But good Managers get the very best out of players, rather than the minimum.

In my humble opinion, it’s this business of deciding players are “ crap” etc that’s mistaken.

Basically there’s a whole host of players...all the players really, from about mid Table Premier League to top of League One who, if managed properly, can be part of a successful team. Too often the focus is on their individual strengths and weaknesses rather than what they contribute to the whole.

Which is why they can come from, or go to, other Clubs and seem to be more effective, or have more success.

Ive no idea how good Hogan is ( for example). He was very poor for us. 

29 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Joining Bardsley, Westwood, Bacuna, Lowton, Ayew...........an entire cast of players who were crap ............

I always rated Lowton... it was his wife who was a misfit (reminds me of Unsworth)

45 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I hope we worded that contract correctly so that the "fee payable on promotion" is purely Aston Villa related.

You’d hope the position that Utd were in when they got him on loan, that we’ve added a promotion fee into their contract with us.

35 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Bacuna wasn’t promoted with cardiff, he barely played and is about to get relegated. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend he was good, he was awful with an apparent awful attitude. 

Ayew got relegated again last year.

As for Hogan, good on him scoring, if Utd go up let’s hope Wilder likes him and takes him off our books. Nothing against him, seems a likeable character but it’s never going to work for him here, and you’d hope if we go up we’ll go for better.

Edited by mikeyp102

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Bacuna wasn’t promoted with cardiff, he barely played and is about to get relegated. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend he was good, he was awful with an apparent awful attitude. 

Ayew got relegated again last year.

Never said he was

Never said he did

Never said he’s not

Didnt

Arent

Yes he did

Doncha love internet debates ?

🙄

• Haha 2

So presumably he’ll be released from loan after their 46th game... stage set to have scored the goal today to take Sheffield United up so Leeds miss out, then come back and score the winning goal in the playoff final for us against Leeds... I’d enjoy that.

Â