Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

If we can get his wages paid and something like a 5-6m fee at the end of it, if he has a good season - Take it. 

He's never going to fit in with our team whilst we play the way we do.  He needs it early, we don't do that. 

I would love him to start scoring goals, I would love him to succeed here. It just isn't going to happen.

That little purple patch he had, and the Holte singing his name was beautiful. I thought he had turned a corner, but it wasn't to be. Seems like a good guy, not for a lack of desire and effort. Just doesn't fit in and not the all round striker you need nowadays.

don't think that loaning him out would be a good move on our part. we only have one other senior striker (Kodjia) and i wouldn't want to place all my faith just with him (Not sure relying on Davis/Hepburn-Murphy for goals off the bench is ideal).   IF we can get a good loan for a striker coming in then maybe I'd consider it.

Also I would like to see him given a chance to play with Grealish/McGinn as well 

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

don't think that loaning him out would be a good move on our part. we only have one other senior striker (Kodjia) and i wouldn't want to place all my faith just with him (Not sure relying on Davis/Hepburn-Murphy for goals off the bench is ideal).   IF we can get a good loan for a striker coming in then maybe I'd consider it.

Also I would like to see him given a chance to play with Grealish/McGinn as well 

He's not going anywhere on loan until we have a striker in on loan. 

• Like 1

Scott will go and score goals again at this level - not sure it will be to Sheffield Utd though - do they need him - I'm not sure he will get much game time there ? If they are his only option, personally I'd stay here and see if he can forge something with Kodjia 

On 20/08/2018 at 15:12, villabromsgrove said:

If we can get him fit (and keep him fit!) he could be an asset for our new manager and his style of play.

Now there's food for thought. I mean he was prolific at Brentford, all of a sudden he's useless. How does that work ?

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Now there's food for thought. I mean he was prolific at Brentford, all of a sudden he's useless. How does that work ?

He signed for Villa.

Lansbury was immense at Forest, look what happened.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He signed for Villa.

Lansbury was immense at Forest, look what happened.

I think James Bree was showing some promising potential at Barnsley, hence the fee. Can't even get on the bench here. Something isn't right. It's little wonder, the lad from Bristol City chose Fulham. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's little wonder, the lad from Bristol City chose Fulham. 

He'd agreed to join and then a Premier League club offering more money came in for him. Thoughts of his footballing development were probably further down his list of criteria. Worth a guess though, right?

Â