Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe...

But Mo Salah apparently wasn't good enough for Chelsea either.

You can add players which have left us after being deemed "absolute shite" on here who have gone on to other clubs to be successful.

I feel there is at the very least SOME merit to this.

And Benteke was not good enough for Liverpool...some make it,some don't.

glad its not my money.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe...

But Mo Salah apparently wasn't "good enough" for Chelsea either.

You can add players which have left us after being deemed "absolute shite" on here who have gone on to other clubs to be successful. (For more realistic comparison).

Benteke left here and has still never been the same as he was here.

I feel there is at the very least SOME merit to this. (Styles of play and positions can make or break players)

You have a point. 

But in this case, Hogan is just shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Na weimann actually scored goals.

Weimann 33 league goals in 8 years.  225 games

Hogan 44 league goals in 5 years, 100 games

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Weimann 33 league goals in 8 years.  225 games

Hogan 44 league goals in 5 years, 100 games

How many of those games for weimann were in the prem?

How many of those games for Hogan were in league 2?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

How many of those games for weimann were in the prem?

How many of those games for Hogan were in league 2?

I was about to say that and he was a lot younger when he started with us

Edited by Demitri_C

4 hours ago, villan_007 said:

He's still scored some cracking goals for me. I think the move was too big for him. I'd like to keep him and let him settle some more.

If it comes to us needing the cash then we'd have to get rid im afraid.

He's been here for a season and a half, scored about two goals having cost a bomb (presumably in wages too) and people want to keep him?! He's the first player we need to get rid of whatever league we're in. He's awful—if we sold him we'd be no worse off. We'd not even need to replace him as he does nothing. I've said it before but at least Davis has an impact on the game, bringing other players into play and holding the ball up well. Consequently, the fact that Bruce has put Hogan higher in the pecking order than Davis is one thing I really don't agree with—it just seems as if he's trying to save face with such a terrible terrible signing. 

10 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

He's been here for a season and a half, scored about two goals having cost a bomb (presumably in wages too) and people want to keep him?! He's the first player we need to get rid of whatever league we're in. He's awful—if we sold him we'd be no worse off. We'd not even need to replace him as he does nothing. I've said it before but at least Davis has an impact on the game, bringing other players into play and holding the ball up well. Consequently, the fact that Bruce has put Hogan higher in the pecking order than Davis is one thing I really don't agree with—it just seems as if he's trying to save face with such a terrible terrible signing. 

Which ties in with what I have said all along - Bruce is every bit as culpable as Hogan for the shortcomings of this transfer.

43 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Which ties in with what I have said all along - Bruce is every bit as culpable as Hogan for the shortcomings of this transfer.

That's what everyone else has been saying too.

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's what everyone else has been saying too.

Have they? You could have fooled me to be honest with you - it seems to me it's everyone's fault bar Bruce's - which I find incredulous at very least.

11 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Have they? You could have fooled me to be honest with you - it seems to me it's everyone's fault bar Bruce's - which I find incredulous at very least.

Literally nobody has said that.

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ok - happy to leave this with you - you know best.

46 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Ok - happy to leave this with you - you know best.

It’s  just weird that you keep coming into this thread and inventing an argument that nobody is making. 

Its like you’re desperate to have a debate that isn’t there. 

• Like 1

Â