Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s  just weird that you keep coming into this thread and inventing an argument that nobody is making. 

Its like you’re desperate to have a debate that isn’t there. 

Ok - as always you know best, I'll leave it there thank you.

Yeah Bruce and everyone involved in the transfer made a bad signing. I don't like the signing and I don't like how Hogan is, imo, artificially high in the pecking order—this annoys me—but I find it hard to get riled up about one transfer going wrong. Bruce and everyone else involved are culpable—it goes without saying—but name one manager who has a 100% success rate with signings. Those managers don't exist. Therefore it feels like a nothing conversation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Ok - as always you know best, I'll leave it there thank you.

I look forward to you returning to the thread in 2 weeks and making the same point again :) 

@Dave J I’m not Bruce’s biggest fan but to be fair for a lot of the season fans on here blamed Bruce for not using Hogan correctly. It’s only over the last few months when it has become clear that he just isn’t that good that fans have criticised the player more. 

I’ve always disagreed that Hogan has suffered due to the way we play. Regardless of how we set up a striker should do a lot more than what he does. Bruce is ultimately to blame for what has turned out to be a poor signging but many included myself expected a lot better from the player. Bruce will probably feel a bit let down by him too. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@Dave J I’m not Bruce’s biggest fan but to be fair for a lot of the season fans on here blamed Bruce for not using Hogan correctly. It’s only over the last few months when it has become clear that he just isn’t that good that fans have criticised the player more. 

But even when criticising the player more than bruce, which I agree has rightly happened, no fans on here, as far as I can see, have absolved Bruce of any blame for actually signing Hogan. Which is what Dave keeps moaning about, despite it not actually happening.

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve always disagreed that Hogan has suffered due to the way we play. Regardless of how we set up a striker should do a lot more than what he does. Bruce is ultimately to blame for what has turned out to be a poor signging but many included myself expected a lot better from the player. Bruce will probably feel a bit let down by him too. 

I completely agree - I have no reason to defend Hogan whatsoever and despite what @Stevo985 says there are those who have just shot from the hip and criticised the player and just made the remark that other managers have made mistakes when it comes to players that have not worked out - but equally they are just as culpable as Bruce is in this instance.

I'm no big fan of Bruce - but I do think he is an honest type of guy and when Hogan does move on - I think Bruce will be big enough to accept his role in all of this unfortunate saga.

As for Hogan - I like his attitude - I think he will score goals again and wish him well.

thats me done.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I completely agree - I have no reason to defend Hogan whatsoever and despite what @Stevo985 says there are those who have just shot from the hip and criticised the player and just made the remark that other managers have made mistakes when it comes to players that have not worked out - but equally they are just as culpable as Bruce is in this instance.

I'm no big fan of Bruce - but I do think he is an honest type of guy and when Hogan does move on - I think Bruce will be big enough to accept his role in all of this unfortunate saga.

As for Hogan - I like his attitude - I think he will score goals again and wish him well.

thats me done.

Having said all that if we go up he would have played his part. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Yes people have said that.

That is NOT absolving the manager of blame. In fact it is specifically attributing blame to the manager but just making the point that all managers make bad signings.That doesn't make Bruce any less culpable.

Yet you claim over and over and over again that people are not attributing any blame to Bruce. This is what you are making up. it's simply not happening.

8 hours ago, Dave J said:

thats me done.

Good lord. 

In a thread about Scott Hogan, do we really need to mention who signed him every time we criticise the player for his performance. Do we need to praise Bruce every time we talk about terry or snodgrass?

Madness

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I still like Hogan and I want us to stick with him for a little longer.

But this might be because I think he's quite dishy, second only to Mark Bunn.

Neil Taylor and Grealish are up there too 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, VillaChris said:

Has McCormack even  gone to Portugal?

I know he's young but Davis played enough last season to be classed as senior striker now.

Don't make me bring out the probably stuck at the gate joke again.

• Haha 1

Â