Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Refreshing that we now have a striker who is actually up top most of the time pressing up against the CB's instead of coming back deep all the time to receive the ball

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You can see why he's scored loads. Just a shame he's joined a team that are unable to pass the ball to each other. 

They are not unable to pass each other. The tactic the last two games from Bruce was "hoof it and pray for something to happen". You could see just before grealish got his second yellow they passed very well and created a great chance. It's just Bruce being negative. Hope he doesn't continue with this shit.

39 minutes ago, Basygh said:

They are not unable to pass each other. The tactic the last two games from Bruce was "hoof it and pray for something to happen". You could see just before grealish got his second yellow they passed very well and created a great chance. It's just Bruce being negative. Hope he doesn't continue with this shit.

What makes you say Bruce instructed them to play like that? Hoofing the ball upfield is a sign of lack of confidence and being under pressure rather than an actual game plan.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not sure I@m happy with 2 up front either.

Brentford aside, I'm pretty sure every other poor performance this season has been a 4-4-2.

We're just not suited to it. Now maybe the new midfield will be better suited to it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think I'd prefer a front 6 of

Adomah/Green-----Hogan-----Kodjia

--------------Hourihane---Lansbury

-----------------------Jedinak

Edit: I know Jedi is injured for Forest, I mean more long term.

That us the line-up I would go with

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This comment has irritated me. 

If you were looking to make a case that this club is mismanaged, the prosecution would hardly be lacking for evidence. I can't deny that, nor would I want to. 

But let's not start some sort of meme that letting McCormack go is evidence of the club being badly run. In case anyone has forgotten, the **** repeatedly failed to turn up for training and was unfit, out of shape and clearly has a despicable attitude. Nobody at Aston Villa wanted a £10m+ striker to make a complete clearing in the woods of himself, that's all on him. 

Letting McCormack go isn't evidence is badly run, it's evidence that McCormack is a gigantic bellend of Trumpian proportions. 

If that was the case why did we buy him? Did we do the correct homework? Or did we go 'this guys scores lots of goals at this level lets sign him'?

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If that was the case why did we buy him? Did we do the correct homework? Or did we go 'this guys scores lots of goals at this level lets sign him'?

I don't know the answer to those questions. They're fair questions. 

But regardless, the club is entitled to expect to turn up to training, apply himself, and stay in shape. That stuff's the minimum. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

he looked good and when you see him his pace is deceiving as he strolls past players. He is hard to compare to a player we had before but sadly he isnt in a team to give him service

I think this team could provide him the ammunition to score goals, Lansbury has shown he can pick a pass, Hourihane is up there with most goals created this season, and Grealish can chip in with assists. 

We need to keep the ball on the deck more, I saw Hogan gestating to the defence after a ball was fired up to him over head height, pointing to the floor. 

Hopefully Bruce can work on that shape and we have more than 29% possession next week!

If I was playing and I saw that first half run I'd think let's get the ball to Scott he can clearly cause this defence big problems. I think any footballer must have been able to see that. 

After that run I counted three passes and the Kodjia flick on. 

I really can't understand that. 

• Like 1

Unlike the others he plays with a real intensity. He's direct, explosive, runs hard but also understand that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, rather than **** around like someone like Kodjia frequently does. To get the best out of him we need to utilise players like Hourihane better, get him on the ball playing through passes for Hogan to run on to. 

Whilst there were some signs of a partnership between him and Kodjia the frustrating bit that it was all one way, Hogan looked to play Kodjia in and play off him, Kodjia was unable to reciprocate with any real quality because his speed of thought is not up to par when it comes to things like that. 

With service Hogan will deliver, he's by far the best striker we have at this club. 

• Like 1

He was **** brilliant.

I'd like to give him and Kodjia time to gel upfront. It's a little crazy to expect them to click in their first game as a partnership, Kodjia has his limitations but they will make space for each other. We saw it in tiny flashes last night.

It's more important that we don't use either of them as a target man and use that lovely midfield we bought properly.

• Like 3

Â