Neil Taylor

One For The Road

8 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

faster than plodder target.

he's demoed his bravery many times. remember lansburys goal at elland road when Taylor won a 40:60 ball in the centre of the pitch he had no right to. one instance of many!

I remember Burnley goal that Taylor was afraid of the cross from Lowton. Flinching like an 8 year old

4 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

I'm starting to think Taylor might be the unluckiest player I've seen at Villa. He's trying to get forward to support an attack and McGinn plays the worst pass to him which leads to a goal and you can guarantee Taylor will be the one taking the stick from the fans.

I actually thought he had a decent half especially in comparison to Targett in the first half but that doesn't fit the narrative I suppose.

I agree with you that he was doing well, especially against Traore, but that lack of conviction in the challenge is what he will be remembered for today. However, I do not blame him at all for that goal. I am pretty sure he was on a yellow card already and had to be careful not to foul otherwise he'd have probably been sent off. 

For me, there were two others that were more responsible for that goal - Luiz for not taking Traore out on the wing and, Konsa for not being closer to Jimenez when he got his shot away. 

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Smith got it wrong today. Taylor is better equipped to handle traore than Target. Target got ripped a new one in the first half. only adama's awful delivery and concussion saved his blushes.

Taylor is fast brave and knows when to make a tactical foul.

Ok he's limited going forward but it's upto players like mcginn to use the ball better when they get it rather than giving it back to taylor.

teammates should show for it and give him an easy ball. it's what we do at 5 a side for the crap players or the fat gits.

Smith should of thought deeply about the team selection. 

I tend to agree, although fast and brave are probably overstatements. He’s certainly stronger than Target, Target looks like a boy against men when he plays, id use him for weaker teams and Lower teams we can counter and use Taylor for stronger teams/top 6 teams where we probably aren’t going to get anything from the game but maybe if we keep it tight we might sneak a counter attack goal and steal a win. But overall there not the best. But Taylor gets more stick than He deserves.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 19:27, ferguson1 said:

Withdrawn from the Wales squad for personal reasons.   Regardless of what some think of him, I hope he’s ok.

Absolutely, I hadn't heard that until the commentator mentioned it earlier.  I did wonder whether his lack of confidence on the pitch had some deeper roots to it.  

51 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Of course he does, he’s just rubbish.

No he doesn't.

He doesn't want to tackle.

He doesn't want the ball.

He doesn't want to cross.

He doesn't want to do anything except the absolute easiest thing there possibly is. So if he gets it it's very rare he does anything other than turn around and pass it 30 yards backwards.

Useless isn't strong enough a word.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No he doesn't.

He doesn't want to tackle.

He doesn't want the ball.

He doesn't want to cross.

He doesn't want to do anything except the absolute easiest thing there possibly is. So if he gets it it's very rare he does anything other than turn around and pass it 30 yards backwards.

Useless isn't strong enough a word.

Basically stood off Elliot and let him do whatever he wanted.

• Like 2

Â