Neil Taylor

One For The Road

His positioning sense is terrible. Look at his position whenever the opponents have the ball and start going forward, he's way too narrow. He leaves an easy pass out to the ride side and that's when we come under attack because the opposing player either backs Taylor into the box or he gets a free cross in, unchallenged. 

We need a left back that can get out to a wide opponent before he's got control of the ball. We need a left back with a brain. 

• Like 3

And people were concerned about starting Targett because of a apparent lack of defensive nous. It's not only the attacking side of the game that Taylor is rubbish at, absolutely nowhere near PL quality. 

39 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Terrible today. Ignored several times by his own players. Grealish got annoyed with him on one occasion when his positioning in the attacking half was woeful, and resulted in the ball going out for a Burnley throw. 

Was it just after their second goal? See my earlier post, Grealish gave him a look like daggers when he realised they had caught us cold unmarked on the wing for the goal. 

4 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Depends, which leg?

Actually, if it's a toss up between him and Taylor just put him in, even if he only has a right leg meaning he has to cut inside to cross. He's still get more crosses in than Taylor and even being a human bar table footballer he'd block more shots.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was it just after their second goal? See my earlier post, Grealish gave him a look like daggers when he realised they had caught us cold unmarked on the wing for the goal. 

I’m not sure, but it was certainly towards the end of the game so most likely after their second goal, but was an attacking situation that Taylor managed to completely make a hash of. 

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

His positioning sense is terrible. Look at his position whenever the opponents have the ball and start going forward, he's way too narrow. He leaves an easy pass out to the ride side and that's when we come under attack because the opposing player either backs Taylor into the box or he gets a free cross in, unchallenged. 

We need a left back that can get out to a wide opponent before he's got control of the ball. We need a left back with a brain. 

Spot on. I think his inability in terms of positional play is also why he's so awkward going forwards. He simply doesn't feel comfortable and looks to be overplayed all the time. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â