Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Contract doesn't end until 2021.

I thought it was next summer 😥

Really hope we can ship him in January and bring in someone else, literally anyone to compete with Targett but I imagine he's on too high a salary for any Championship club to take him.

I’ve defended Taylor this season but he was pretty shocking for both of their goals.  I don’t know whether he wasn’t with the pace of the game but his marking for their first goal in particular was inexcusable at this level. 

To be fair there was poor defending all round but had he just attempted to defend that cross it would have made it difficult for Rodriguez.

As for the second goal he will be embarrassed when he looks back at his feeble attempt to block the cross.  But Engles and Heaton will be disappointed with themselves too for that one.  It really was such a poor goal to concede.

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Played in 7/7 games far.

Sincerely hope it's 7/38 come May. We might still be in the Premier League then.

If Targett had played those 7 games we might have snuck in a couple of wins. Offers so much more going forward.

His first cross minutes into his debut was inch perfect and headed over by McGinn. Think it was the 3rd minute - Targett has put in a better cross in 3 minutes than Taylor has put in over the period of 3 years.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sne said:

Contract doesn't end until 2021.

I thought it was next summer 😥

Really hope we can ship him in January and bring in someone else, literally anyone to compete with Targett but I imagine he's on too high a salary for any Championship club to take him.

He's an absolute pile of shit. Honestly, would gladly pay up every single penny of that contract in January if it meant I never had to watch him play again. Get in another left back. Play Hause. Bring back Hutton.

Enjoy the money Neil, good luck.  Screw it, have another million on top.  It's not about I don't want to watch you play football anymore. You make my eyes want to bleed.

• Like 1

I think the saddest thing is, teams are now targeting him....pusillanimous in his play, that will be exploited in this league

Arsenal and now Burnley......Rodriguez knows all about him and it showed.

• Like 1

On 29/09/2019 at 12:40, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's very poor, not sure what those who were saying he's a good defender and was playing well were seeing.

He did play well against spurs though. It has to be said. Credit when credit is due.

I still think he is **** dog shit. I thought he was our worst player in the championship and it's mindboggling we still are in a situation where he plays. 

• Like 1

It's weird, I might be remembering it wrong but I always saw him as a good attacking LB while he was at Swansea especially in their first couple of years in the league before he got displaced by Ben Davies. How he devolved into this tepid defensive LB who's not even good at defending is crazy. He's rivaling Kieren Richardson as our worst LB of the last 2 decades at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think the saddest thing is, teams are now targeting him....pusillanimous in his play, that will be exploited in this league

Arsenal and now Burnley......Rodriguez knows all about him and it showed.

Every goal kick second half went towards him.

The positive to come out of all this is the uniformity throughout the forum that Taylor is....Proper shit. His days are numbered to say the least now. As a modern day FB he is completely turd. Hause should have been put in there until Targett was fit and as used as cover imo. Taylor shouldn't be near the bench never mind the pitch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's weird, I might be remembering it wrong but I always saw him as a good attacking LB while he was at Swansea especially in their first couple of years in the league before he got displaced by Ben Davies. How he devolved into this tepid defensive LB who's not even good at defending is crazy. He's rivaling Kieren Richardson as our worst LB of the last 2 decades at this point.

He's definitely worse than Richardson.

He can't play football. It's horrible to watch. Don't think I've ever seen other players so concerned about giving another player the ball.

If he went down to league 2 he wouldn't stand out at all.

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He did play well against spurs though. It has to be said. Credit when credit is due.

I still think he is **** dog shit. I thought he was our worst player in the championship and it's mindboggling we still are in a situation where he plays. 

it is.....I cringe when I see him in.

to think we, gave Lowton away and Enda Stevens...both of them for less than we paid for Taylor.

Edited by TRO

He's number 1 scapegoat at the moment. Feel bad for him.

Whenever he has a good game it's getting ignored and once he make a mistake he get's hammered. While Mings mistake against Arsenal got ignored. Imagine if Taylor did that mistake, fans would abuse him for it.

Edited by villalad21

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He's number 1 scapegoat at the moment. Feel bad for him.

Whenever he has a good game it's getting ignored and once he make a mistake he get's hammered. While Mings mistake against Arsenal got ignored. Imagine if Taylor did that mistake, fans would abuse him for it.

Pretty sure some did actually try to apportion blame to him for the Mings mistake.

I've been defending him, but I must admit we looked so much better on the left hand side when Targett played. Doesn't mean he hasn't done a passable job, it's just obvious he isn't going to add much to us in an attacking sense. I do think an outlet at lb may have helped at times when we have been ahead and sitting deep.

• Like 1

Â