Neil Taylor

One For The Road

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

We literally must have a better youth left back at the club?, like the mungo bridge dude?

In the prem 11 hause is a better backup LB, but obviously CB tonight.

Taylor is mid table championship quality at best.

Having Hause in the bench is much better than having Taylor, he gives us more options, and he's better than Taylor anyway.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, av1 said:

Back pass aside, he played well tonight. 

He really didn’t he just wasn’t too badly exposed as Wolves offered so little going forward.

But on the ball he was poor, his delivery from wide was consistently falling short orcoming in too deep. I also though he was avoiding the physical side of the game throughout.

I thought he was poor start to finish.

Should we stay up I wouldn't be adverse to just paying him off to be honest.

He really doesn't look like he is enjoying it, and I certainly don't enjoy watching him.

...about 3 or 4 times last night he was in acres of space and a great angle to whip a cross in and 3 or 4 times he chose to play an 8 yard pass to the byline for Conor to come from midfield to the touchline and somehow arc his body around it and whip a ball in. It's just passing the buck all the time with this guy, and don't get me started at his constant passing off of men to covering centrebacks.

Edited by rodders0223

39 minutes ago, useless said:

Giving a player like Taylor who would be on high wages having been signed from a premier league club, a five year deal was always a bad idea, hindsight or not.

Taylor's contact finishes in 2021. We have had 2/3 years of him being 1st choice. That's not bad tbh!

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Taylor's contact finishes in 2021. We have had 2/3 years of him being 1st choice. That's not bad tbh!

No it’s not bad, it’s a disgrace that we’ve had to put up with him in and around the first 11 for that long.

In terms of value from the stupidly given contract, counting playing time and not quality only, you are right of course.

Was signed in January 2017 so 4.5 year contract.

Was dropped for Hutton :D for a large period of time at one point who was a clear improvement at the time.

Had 2 passable periods with us, one was his first half season when he signed and the other was when Smith came in.

Even then he was pretty much the weak link.

13 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He just doesnt fit our style of play. 

What style of play suits him? 

I'd play Hause if Targett is out. Hell, I'd try out Konsa as well. Just can't see a half competent central defender doing worse. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

His positioning was so bad it was like we didn't even field a left back. This myth that he's a 'good defender' is total bollocks. He's shit at everything.

That was an entertaining 5 weeks or so. People claiming he was a "defensive" full back even though we've had to watch Championship wingers bulldoze past him with no issues for 18 months.

Hopefully he was bad enough that he'll fall off the bench now. Makes no sense having him there. He'll do nothing but increase out chances of conceding while he's on the pitch. A waste of a spot in the 18.

Â