Neil Taylor

One For The Road

One of the most limited and talentless players we have ever had...

I don’t enjoy criticising players, especially when they aren’t disruptive and try to be professional, but he is so poor...

Every time I see him play, the first word that comes to mind is “cowardly”.

The poor quality of our squad has really been exposed and we desperately need to enhance the first team. 

We still have some really poor/limited players who are managing to get game time...

We’ve heavily relied on the few genuinely quality players we have (Heaton, Mings, McGinn, Grealish - what a player) and need to add more of their ilk...

On 01/01/2020 at 15:07, Dr_Pangloss said:

Erm, I thought he was OK for his standards but we need better back up IMO.

I think we need a better LB for the first team but, unfortunately, that’s low on the list of priorities atm. Targett should be the backup.

Will be glad when Taylor is released...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I think we need a better LB for the first team but, unfortunately, that’s low on the list of priorities atm. Targett should be the backup.

Will be glad when Taylor is released...

We should look at Max Clark from Vitesse.

Reminds me of Baker, but without the head injuries, no pro talent, but tries hard most of the time. Livin the dream in the premier League.

Remember Baker, now that's when you know your team is broken, playing a player like Baker in the first team.

20 hours ago, Enda said:

Taylor's isn't the most gifted footballer ever, but he has always been a professional. He goes out and puts a shift in, every time.

It's very unfair to compare him to Richards and Lescott, imo.

Indeed, also it seems like he has had some personal issues off the field as well so I'm not sure throwing words like coward around is particularly great.  I would prioritise signing a young quick left back in January though if we intend to play 3-4-3 more.

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm gobsmacked people are suggesting Targett should be Taylors back up lol. No doubt Targett has had a couple of mares at LB but he's far better than Taylor. I'd also like to see him in the new system as I feel with added protection at the back his forward game is more advantageous. 

I don't want to hate on Taylor at all but come on people. Even yesterday his unwillingness to play forward nearly cost us in the first 15. Playing that shitting pass back to Chester when getting closed down and  being intercepted by the attacker. He's a liability like several others and  everything that is still wrong with our team. Yeah he does things okay some weeks and you don't notice the errors as much because others have played worse. The bottom line is though that he is so far below the required grade at this level. 

Couldn’t agree more with this.

3 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm gobsmacked people are suggesting Targett should be Taylors back up lol. No doubt Targett has had a couple of mares at LB but he's far better than Taylor. I'd also like to see him in the new system as I feel with added protection at the back his forward game is more advantageous. 

I don't want to hate on Taylor at all but come on people. Even yesterday his unwillingness to play forward nearly cost us in the first 15. Playing that shitting pass back to Chester when getting closed down and  being intercepted by the attacker. He's a liability like several others and  everything that is still wrong with our team. Yeah he does things okay some weeks and you don't notice the errors as much because others have played worse. The bottom line is though that he is so far below the required grade at this level. 

They're both liabilities though.

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I quite like the bloke.

Seems a nice dude. Entertaining away from the pitch, really horrible viewing on it.

He's definitely got worse and he didn't start that well.

• Like 3

On 05/01/2020 at 13:58, avfc1982am said:

Anyone saying that Taylor is a superior player or more reliable is absolute clueless about football, it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2020 at 19:06, rodders0223 said:

Wage thief. Spinless. More so than Micah and Lescott.

No, no, no. Don't be silly.

Even if he were responsible for Ebola, AIDS AND the assassination of Souleimani, he'd still be held in higher regard than those two. 

• Haha 1

Â