Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

Defends well but as a full back he makes us so useless on the left hand side. A decent LWB with pace and our defence is decent. 

I just don't see it. He got turned by Riccardo on the outside and still lost position on the inside in the first half. Then he had the ball on their 18 in the 1st half and passed it 5 yards straight to Evans for no reason. The dude is a waste of a player on the pitch. I have nothing against him personally but he is just utter garbage. Quickly starting to dislike him even being in the team tbh. It's just a full on negative from me where Taylor is concerned and I don't like having that opinion of probably a really nice lad. 

• Like 2

Would rather Allan Hutton at LWB,  Neil tries his best gives it all hes got but what hes got isn't enough, he makes great overlapping runs then he has to break his play into ,5 stages , control the ball , take another touch , step back , cross, hope for the best

Edited by gwi1890

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Defends well but as a full back he makes us so useless on the left hand side. A decent LWB with pace and our defence is decent. 

Yep, my thoughts as well. Him and Guilbert defended fabulously all night but his complete lack of offensive talent just takes all the shine off his performance. Not even his fault really.  The requirements for a modern day full back have passed him by. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Taylor is ok at defending bad at going forward.

Targett is ok going forward and bad at defending.

How would you rather take in a relegation battle?

Its more like Taylor is mediocre at defending and bad at going forward and Targett is good going forward and mediocre at defending

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

I thought he was fine defensively. Awful going forward.

I actually thought he was awful defensively last night personally.  Bare in mind he had also an extra CB as protection.  He never cut out anything and got skinned 3 or 4 times.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's SO bad going forward

He's abysmal.

Whenever he gets the ball in the final third my heart sinks and my brain just goes "Oh well, attack over". It's automatic
And usually it's right

7 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Its more like Taylor is mediocre at defending and bad at going forward and Targett is good going forward and mediocre at defending

In the modern game I'd take the latter every day of the week.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's abysmal.

Whenever he gets the ball in the final third my heart sinks and my brain just goes "Oh well, attack over". It's automatic
And usually it's right

Yep. I didn't watch the match yesterday, so it's not based on this. But Taylor is the first player I'd replace and remove from this team. I've never rated him. Felt he was a catastrophy in the championship never mind the PL.

He had a good and very surprising start to the season, but whenever I've seen him after the spurs match he's been back to his usual shit self. Awful player. 

Â