Neil Taylor

One For The Road

The only thing that picture doesn't really show is the movement - at the point where he's got his foot raised (recklessly) high, he's not moving, there's not really a slide, he almost gets down into the tackle too soon finds himself lying in front of the player then raises the leg. For me what gives it the argument is that he's not really lunging, he'd finished lunging by the time the player arrived. Whatever, I think it's a yellow myself, but I don't think we'll be successful in an appeal and I don't really have any massive complaint about that - you can see it both ways.

• Like 2

Good thing we have 10 right backs. smh

Everytime we go on a good run, we are one stupid suspension or injury away from tossing it away.

When was the last time we had a settled team go on an extended run?

Never know, we might unearth the Keinan Davis of left backs by accident in the process.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

it looked like he slid for the ball not the player and the player basically tripped over him, Bruce obviously agrees as he is appealing it.

This!! If somebody could take that screenshot of the clip but do it before the Bolton players gets a touch to the ball first you'll see that he is going for the ball but got their second. The fact the Bolton player got their first makes it look a lunge. 

It's a yellow card.  It may get redeemed.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

On 02/10/2017 at 02:49, Newry_Villan said:

Foolish when we have no proper cover at left back. Thor to start at left back for the next 3 games then?

The most useless footballer in our squad that's not even a fullback. I certainly hope not but Bruce has form

May well throw up another star from the you team. Davis took his chance through first team injuries so hopefully we have the LB equivalent waiting to make the step up. 

Out of interest who is the U23 LB and is he ready?..  

Edited by Kingman

28 minutes ago, Kingman said:

May well throw up another star from the you team. Davis took his chance through first team injuries so hopefully we have the LB equivalent waiting to make the step up. 

Out of interest who is the U23 LB and is he ready?..  

I think its Oscar Borg?  Although, many on here better than me will confirm if this is fact. 

Â