Neil Taylor

One For The Road

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Of over 30 years of watching at Villa Park, I'd estimate for every 10 similar tackles I've witnessed the result has been:

6 yellows (correct in my opinion);

3 unpunished (today's ref's likely decision for a Bolton player)

1 red (ref's all too obvious decision given his ridiculously biased performance today - doesn't make it correct though!).

Despite my thoughts about it being a very obvious yellow, the fact that it is sometimes given as a red, albeit harshly,  means I don't think the appeal will be successful.

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Silly challenge giving the referee a decision to make.

cant see us winning an appeal against this. 

yes even if it could have been a yellow it's clearly not so bad as a decision to be worth appealing with. Have a good break Neil. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think it's a red, but I don't think it's obviously not a red to the extent where we'll get it overturned.

I didn't see it at the game so the video above is the only angle I've saw. From that I'd agree with your assessment. Not enough for a red but it won't be overturned. 

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Stupid completely reckless and needless there was like 30 seconds left Bolton no where near the goal either.

As i said earlier in thread, i didn't see it from my seats and the video posted a couple of pages back isn't the best angle, but you make a great point. 

With seconds left on the clock, and in no apparent danger, you simply can't go flying into tackles like that. It might not be red, but i doubt it will be overturned. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Daniel Clares foto.

Going by that pic, no complaints. You cannot go in studs up these days, let alone that high off the ground. I don't think it was intended, and he got caught out by bad control and lunged in to win back, but it was a bad tackle.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How the hell did we end up with 4 right backs and 1 left back anyway? Wasn't it because we have a decent youngster that can play there?

Bruce is waving.

The only young left back we have I can think of is Oscar Borg, I don't think he is ready personally if he ever will be.

Doesn't Mitch Clark play left back? Might give him a go although I think de last should get a game there. This is his chance to show what he can do just like adomah did.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

As i said earlier in thread, i didn't see it from my seats and the video posted a couple of pages back isn't the best angle, but you make a great point. 

With seconds left on the clock, and in no apparent danger, you simply can't go flying into tackles like that. It might not be red, but i doubt it will be overturned. 

We can all talk about whether it was a red or not but fundamentally the player has to take a hard look at himself. A stupid and reckless decision. He did a awful tackle on Coleman, so I am surprised he went in like that.

just made absolutely no sense with 30 seconds left of the game.

Â