Neil Taylor

One For The Road

54 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The game has gone soft.

I agree. But like it or loathe it we all know how the game is now officiated, and challeges like that are no longer acceptable. 

We may not like the rules but they are what they are and it was a stupid challenge. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The game has gone soft.

This times a million. The one thing which disgusted me was the tackled player's reaction. He rolled around for the 10 seconds it took for the ref to get across there and then once he saw the red card he was up and running immediately. 

Like many have said, its a yellow card 9 times out of 10 but its not one that'll be rescinded.

28 minutes ago, av1 said:

I agree. But like it or loathe it we all know how the game is now officiated, and challeges like that are no longer acceptable. 

We may not like the rules but they are what they are and it was a stupid challenge. 

Where was the officiating for the previous 95 minutes that saw dozens of shirt pulls, completely obvious holding and shoves in back go unpunished?

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

Where was the officiating for the previous 95 minutes that saw dozens of shirt pulls, completely obvious holding and shoves in back go unpunished?

Now we are delving into consistency which is a completely different topic. The ref was shit today there is no doubt about it, but the laws of the game are clear, reckless challenges that put players in danger is a red. 

Taylor was reckless, he could have broken the lads leg. The ref was shit but he wasn't a million miles out with that decision. It might not have been a red but it wasn't so bd a decision that it will get overturned. 

You'd have thought te kid would have learnt his lesson after snapping Shemus Coleman. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Now we are delving into consistency which is a completely different topic. The ref was shit today there is no doubt about it, but the laws of the game are clear, reckless challenges that put players in danger is a red. 

Taylor was reckless, he could have broken the lads leg. The ref was shit but he wasn't a million miles out with that decision. It might not have been a red but it wasn't so bd a decision that it will get overturned. 

You'd have thought te kid would have learnt his lesson after snapping Shemus Coleman. 

It appears the rules of the game are not so clear, otherwise the referee would not have left so many fouls unpunished. I don't think the red will be rescinded but it's also a pity we can't retrospectively be given a dozen or so free kicks and a few Bolton yellow cards that the rules of the game are designed to help a game of football to exist. If the rules of the game had been correctly applied, Bolton would have had a couple of red cards themselves (via yellows) and/or we'd have had more goal chances via free kicks in advanced areas.

Shemus! :D

6 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

This times a million. The one thing which disgusted me was the tackled player's reaction. He rolled around for the 10 seconds it took for the ref to get across there and then once he saw the red card he was up and running immediately. 

Like many have said, its a yellow card 9 times out of 10 but its not one that'll be rescinded.

If that tackle had gone on one of our players we would be complaining. The ref was utter shit but Taylor has to take responsibility for that tackle it was stupid, needless and idiotic considering there was like 20 seconds left in the game. 

Red any day of the week in my view, its one of those rare occasions when the ref probably had a better view than those watching on TV.

He is either a little reckless or a little nasty Taylor as he has done a few of these, I'm not sure which it is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Red any day of the week in my view, its one of those rare occasions when the ref probably had a better view than those watching on TV.

He is either a little reckless or a little nasty Taylor as he has done a few of these, I'm not sure which it is.

He's pretty far away from the ball there being at knee height so it's hard to assume that tackle wasn't without some intent hence the ref wasting no time at all in showing the red.

You would have thought Taylor would have learnt by now though so I guess he has a nasty streak in him which has deprived the team of their best LB with important games coming up.

• Like 1

Just now, striker said:

He's pretty far away from the ball there being at knee height so it's hard to assume that tackle wasn't without some intent hence the ref wasting no time at all in showing the red.

You would have thought Taylor would have learnt by now though so I guess he has a nasty streak in him which has deprived the team of their best LB with important games coming up.

That is about where I am...

It will be a one game ban though won't it?

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'm not so sure it matters what it's for. Always thought a straight red was an automatic 3 games?

No, a red for violent conduct is a 3 match ban a straight red such as Taylor's should be a 1 match ban unless the disciplinary panel increases it which I wouldn't expect.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

No, a red for violent conduct is a 3 match ban a straight red such as Taylor's should be a 1 match ban unless the disciplinary panel increases it which I wouldn't expect.

Fair enough, however a bit moot in this situation has a knee high challenge such as this will surely be classed as violent conduct? 

Â